Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 82

Thread: Pressure gauges

  1. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Remove one hose and see what happens.
    I think he should remove both hoses and NOT see what happens..

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    chicago suburbs
    Posts
    4,422
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Remove one hose and see what happens.
    you have too many hoses.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    you have too many hoses.
    So really what you are saying is he is totally hosed..

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,400
    Quote Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
    I think he should remove both hoses and NOT see what happens..
    What fun would that be?

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,400
    Quote Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
    So really what you are saying is he is totally hosed..
    Maybe he's just a hoser.

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    Posts
    32
    Is anyone on here capable of any worthwhile advice... or just so confused and dont want to admit they dont know , so instead they come up with some very bad jokes??

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by matt bauman View Post
    Is anyone on here capable of any worthwhile advice... or just so confused and dont want to admit they dont know , so instead they come up with some very bad jokes??
    Sorry Matt, This is a public forum with strict rules about DIY. Get your post count up and apply for pro membership and we will be able to help in a non public area. We don't want to give any advice that could get you or someone else who is reading this hurt.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,400
    Quote Originally Posted by matt bauman View Post
    Is anyone on here capable of any worthwhile advice... or just so confused and dont want to admit they dont know , so instead they come up with some very bad jokes??
    I will give you some very good advice.

    Read this.

    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...74&postcount=1

    Read it twice if you have to.

    Yes, we sometimes give newbies a hard time, and we try to avoid putting info out there for DIYers to use.

    We also like to have precise information in order to give you more precise help. If you tell me what the pressure gauges read and what refrigerant is in the unit, along with some temps, we have a LOT better chance of helping you rather than telling us that the gauges were 'buried'.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,501
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I will give you some very good advice.

    Read this.

    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...74&postcount=1

    Read it twice if you have to.

    Yes, we sometimes give newbies a hard time, and we try to avoid putting info out there for DIYers to use.

    We also like to have precise information in order to give you more precise help. If you tell me what the pressure gauges read and what refrigerant is in the unit, along with some temps, we have a LOT better chance of helping you rather than telling us that the gauges were 'buried'.
    Its R-22, I am definately a newbie but this is the field im going in as well, so im trying to learn all I can but this sight seeems to make it very hard. Its an old system, im basically just practicing on it. When I say the guages are buried , Im sayin the low side swings to 350psi and the high side swings to 500psi. I know this system is low on refrigerant but I dont know why im getting these readings.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
    Sorry Matt, This is a public forum with strict rules about DIY. Get your post count up and apply for pro membership and we will be able to help in a non public area. We don't want to give any advice that could get you or someone else who is reading this hurt.
    ok, can you tell me what you mean by getting my post count up? sorry, u can see im pretty new to this sight...

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,501
    Quote Originally Posted by matt bauman View Post
    Its R-22, I am definately a newbie but this is the field im going in as well, so im trying to learn all I can but this sight seeems to make it very hard. Its an old system, im basically just practicing on it. When I say the guages are buried , Im sayin the low side swings to 350psi and the high side swings to 500psi. I know this system is low on refrigerant but I dont know why im getting these readings.
    And the plot thickens.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
    Sorry Matt, This is a public forum with strict rules about DIY. Get your post count up and apply for pro membership and we will be able to help in a non public area. We don't want to give any advice that could get you or someone else who is reading this hurt.
    I understand that this is a public sight and you dont want people to get hurt, but how would telling me why im getting these reading get anyone hurt? i didnt ask to tell me what to do, just why is this happening?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event