Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 82

Thread: Pressure gauges

  1. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    chicago suburbs
    Posts
    4,422
    you need more freeezone
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    4,380
    This cant possibly end well...Im going home now..

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,514
    Come on Joe stick around this could get interesting.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,514
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

    To apply for professional membership click here


    Educational forums are open.

    If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by matt bauman View Post
    not a tech yet, but have been going to school for two years now, im very capable of connecting the guages.

    Yes it was running, i fliped the switch on the guage and both sides went clock wise til they were buried. You dont have any idea why?
    What Switch are you talking about? We have Lots of Ideas Why, what do you think? I'm betting the Compressor is running backwards. It would be the Second today.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Home&Marine View Post
    What Switch are you talking about? We have Lots of Ideas Why, what do you think? I'm betting the Compressor is running backwards. It would be the Second today.
    not really a switch, the knob on the end of the hose that allows refrigerant to flow to the gauges. No the compressor is not running backwards atleast i dont think? How would that happen anyways?

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by matt bauman View Post
    not really a switch, the knob on the end of the hose that allows refrigerant to flow to the gauges. No the compressor is not running backwards atleast i dont think? How would that happen anyways?
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by matt bauman View Post
    not a tech yet, but have been going to school for two years now, im very capable of connecting the guages.
    Hmmm... That may not be a correct statement...

    I vote for the compressor in reverse.. Maybe he should switch L1 to L2??

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    310
    Two years in school... I wonder if they taught him yet about checking capacitors the old fashioned way like 9 volt batteries, with his tongue.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
    Two years in school... I wonder if they taught him yet about checking capacitors the old fashioned way like 9 volt batteries, with his tongue.
    When I regained consciousness, I said to myself "Yep, that capacitor is good"

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,596
    Quote Originally Posted by matt bauman View Post
    not really a switch, the knob on the end of the hose that allows refrigerant to flow to the gauges. No the compressor is not running backwards atleast i dont think? How would that happen anyways?
    I think this happens to me once in a while when I have amnesia from the call before. Takes a minute to figure out then you cuss yourself.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,957

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event