Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pressure gauges

Hybrid View

Pressure gauges

I hooked up my gauges and after i let the system run for a little bit, i checked the gauges and they were buried? what could cause this? i dont know what im doing wrong. any advice?

Buried? I dont think it was running>>>> are you a tech?...
    Jason J Saylor
    Pinellas County Schools
    HVAC Tech/Part Time HVAC Instructor Fortis College
    Pinellas County Florida

"You will encounter many distractions and many temptations to put your goals aside: The security of a job, a wife who wants kids, Whatever. But if you hang in there, always following your vision, I have no doubt you will succeed.
    Larry Flynt quote

Buried...in a vacuum? You sure you have the access ports opened? more details.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Buried...in a vacuum? You sure you have the access ports opened? more details.
    yes the ports are open, if they werent, wouldnt there be no pressure reading?

Hey matt put some info in your profile you'll get more help here if we know a little something about you and what you do.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Quote Originally Posted by saylor240 View Post
    Buried? I dont think it was running>>>> are you a tech?...

not a tech yet, but have been going to school for two years now, im very capable of connecting the guages.

Yes it was running, i fliped the switch on the guage and both sides went clock wise til they were buried. You dont have any idea why?

Quote Originally Posted by matt bauman View Post
    not a tech yet, but have been going to school for two years now, im very capable of connecting the guages.

Yes it was running, i fliped the switch on the guage and both sides went clock wise til they were buried. You dont have any idea why?
    What Switch are you talking about? We have Lots of Ideas Why, what do you think? I'm betting the Compressor is running backwards. It would be the Second today.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Home&Marine View Post
    What Switch are you talking about? We have Lots of Ideas Why, what do you think? I'm betting the Compressor is running backwards. It would be the Second today.
    not really a switch, the knob on the end of the hose that allows refrigerant to flow to the gauges. No the compressor is not running backwards atleast i dont think? How would that happen anyways?

not really a switch, the knob on the end of the hose that allows refrigerant to flow to the gauges. No the compressor is not running backwards atleast i dont think? How would that happen anyways?
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

I think this happens to me once in a while when I have amnesia from the call before. Takes a minute to figure out then you cuss yourself.

Hmmm... That may not be a correct statement...

I vote for the compressor in reverse.. Maybe he should switch L1 to L2??

Two years in school... I wonder if they taught him yet about checking capacitors the old fashioned way like 9 volt batteries, with his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
    Two years in school... I wonder if they taught him yet about checking capacitors the old fashioned way like 9 volt batteries, with his tongue.
    When I regained consciousness, I said to myself "Yep, that capacitor is good"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast