Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spotts, What's Up With This?

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-theive...0,231586.story

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Admitted thieves are going free, while an elderly Wheat Ridge man is facing the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars, all, he says, for trying to defend his property and his life.

82-year-old Robert Wallace said in February that he looked out his window and saw two men hooking his flatbed trailer up to their pickup. He yelled at them to stop, but they sped away, stealing his trailer. He told police he fired two shots at the pickup.

Minutes later, police say 32-year-old Damacio Torres dropped 28-year-old Alvaro Cardona off at a hospital emergency room with a gunshot wound to the face.

Torres did not stay to talk with police, but they caught up with him later. According to court documents, he admitted he and Cardona stole the trailer.

Wallace did not want to talk on camera, but when we asked him if the two men threatened him he said, "They almost ran me over."

The Jefferson County DA's office said that neither Torres nor Cardona have been charged with anything at this point, even though Torres confessed to the crime. However, the homeowner, Wallace is facing twelve felony counts, including four counts of attempted first degree murder. If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Sources say Torres and Cardona are believed to be in the country illegally and both have an arrest record. Cardona's record includes public fighting and numerous traffic offenses like driving without a license or insurance. Torres's record includes agricultural trespassing as well as a 2005 arrest for aggravated motor vehicle theft for which he was given a plea bargain to a lesser crime. Sources say Torres is also under investigation for being part of a major auto theft ring.

Wallace is out on bond and due back in court in September to enter his plea.

Neighbors say the thieves should be the ones facing charges and Wallace should be given an award for protecting the neighborhood.

I just think it's so politically incorrect to refer to them as *illegal*.
    The PC term has now become "undocumented". It's truly sad that these unfortunate, undocumented, gentlemen are being persecuted by the media in this manner.

well, even tho I personally support what the old dude did.... you cant shoot [use deadly force on] a person leaving your property. I'm pretty sure they have to pose a threat to life or serious bodily harm, or in the case of Colorado, if they have entered your home which is an extension of you.... you can pop a cap in their ass. I think that law has been around since the cowboys. Still, poor guy, frickin theives got what they deserved.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I'd like to be on that jury.

Oh yea, me too. I would NOT want to be the defendant in this case! It's just that now that I have concealed carry, I dont want to be in his shoes.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Follow Up Report: Pflugerville Dad Shoots and Kills Daughter's Friend

www.myfoxaustin.com reports
    Newsroom
    7/7/2010

A Pflugerville father, who fired 15 shots out his front door fatally killing 18-year-old Daquan Wilson, told police that a group of teens had threatened his life and his family's safety. According to an arrest affidavit, Joseph Anderson, 32, went to Windermere Playground to pick up his stepdaughter who was hanging out with another male teen. Anderson got into a verbal confrontation with the teen, who allegedly threatened Anderson's life. Anderson dismissed the threat thinking that he was just a kid.

After returning to their home in the 1300 block of Ivy Bridge, Anderson told police that they received phone calls asking where they lived and another call stating that "they are going to shoot who ever opens the door." 20 minutes after the phone calls Anderson noticed six or seven teenagers walking up to his residence. Anderson recognized one of the teens as the boy in the park who had threatened him.

More on this story
    http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/news/...s-070710-ktbcw

Police say, Anderson went inside his home, locked the front door and told his family to get in the back of the house. The teens began banging on the door and were yelling for Anderson to come out. According to the police affidavit, Anderson thought they were going to come into his home, so he got a 9mm gun and fired 15 rounds through the front door. He told police that he wanted to scare the teens and didn't intend to shoot anyone.

Wilson was one of the teens in front of the house and was struck in the chest by one of the bullets. He was rushed to Round Rock Medical Hospital were he was pronounced dead. "He was somebody who would always be there for you. He was just somebody who'd make you laugh all the time," one of his classmates said.

Police say that Anderson took his handgun and placed it under his dresser and then picked up all the spent shell casings. He also told police that he didn't even know that he hit someone until police told him. Anderson said that everything happened so fast that he didn't have time to call the police. Anderson has been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter in the death of Daquan Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-theive...0,231586.story

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Admitted thieves are going free, while an elderly Wheat Ridge man is facing the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars, all, he says, for trying to defend his property and his life.

82-year-old Robert Wallace said in February that he looked out his window and saw two men hooking his flatbed trailer up to their pickup. He yelled at them to stop, but they sped away, stealing his trailer. He told police he fired two shots at the pickup.

Minutes later, police say 32-year-old Damacio Torres dropped 28-year-old Alvaro Cardona off at a hospital emergency room with a gunshot wound to the face.

Torres did not stay to talk with police, but they caught up with him later. According to court documents, he admitted he and Cardona stole the trailer.

Wallace did not want to talk on camera, but when we asked him if the two men threatened him he said, "They almost ran me over."

The Jefferson County DA's office said that neither Torres nor Cardona have been charged with anything at this point, even though Torres confessed to the crime. However, the homeowner, Wallace is facing twelve felony counts, including four counts of attempted first degree murder. If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Sources say Torres and Cardona are believed to be in the country illegally and both have an arrest record. Cardona's record includes public fighting and numerous traffic offenses like driving without a license or insurance. Torres's record includes agricultural trespassing as well as a 2005 arrest for aggravated motor vehicle theft for which he was given a plea bargain to a lesser crime. Sources say Torres is also under investigation for being part of a major auto theft ring.

Wallace is out on bond and due back in court in September to enter his plea.

Neighbors say the thieves should be the ones facing charges and Wallace should be given an award for protecting the neighborhood.
    seems to me if the thieves tried to run you over you have every right to shoot them.

I think this is another DA willing to lose his job over an over zealous prosecution

as far as the guy shooting through the door? He's toast!

He started out right by getting his family under cover, but then he should have called the cops and stayed with his family encase the front door was breached. THEN he can shoot once the punks were inside. Now he's he's going to jail because he was stupid
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    as far as the guy shooting through the door? He's toast!

He started out right by getting his family under cover, but then he should have called the cops and stayed with his family encase the front door was breached. THEN he can shoot once the punks were inside. Now he's he's going to jail because he was stupid
    For sure. It's one thing to knock on the door, and another whole different thing to break it down and enter.

This country is out of control. Were does it end ?

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    This country is out of control. Were does it end ?
    with NObama, Pelosi, Boxer, and Reid regulating firearms to the point of making them useless 'em
    The Last four letters

any questions

http://www.click2houston.com/news/24092915/detail.html

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Deputy Constable's Son, 15, Shoots Intruder
    By Nefertiti Jaquez

POSTED: Wednesday, June 30, 2010
    UPDATED: 8:05 am CDT June 30, 2010

HOUSTON -- A deputy constable's teenage son shot an intruder on Tuesday, KPRC Local 2 reported.

The boy's family members rushed to the scene in awe.

"My niece and my nephew were in the house, and they broke in the house," said one man claiming to be the victim's uncle.

While relatives didn't really want to talk, neighbors on Royal Place Court shared the tense moments leading up to their street being swarmed by authorities.

"A dozen cops cars just lined the street ... kind of a circus," said neighbor David Ramirez.

Investigators said just before 3 p.m., a 15-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister, the children of a Harris County Precinct 1 deputy constable, were home alone when one man tried to kick in the front door of the house and a second suspect tried to kick in the back door.

Detectives said that when one of the would-be thieves kicked open a window and made his way inside, the boy, grabbed his dad's rifle and fired off several rounds, wounding him.

Both suspected burglars took off, officials said. Soon after the shooting, the wounded suspect was caught after he showed up at a nearby hospital.

"We were notified of a shooting victim at Methodist Hospital and that's how we came upon them," said Lt. Jeff Stauber with the Harris County Sherriff's Safe Home Task Force.

Then another young man, who was covered in blood, was swabbed for DNA and arrested at the scene.

"We got everyone we believe is involved in this," said Stauber.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    the man had Cancer and was very sick. I wonder if this wasn't Suicide-by-Cop <very sad>
    The Last four letters

any questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast