Why would a HO let this happen?

I go on a no cooling call yesterday, check the stat and check the filter. I then walk outside to the condenser on the side of the house and notice an 042 Goodman sitting askew on its pad. The disconnect is hanging off the side of the house with its connections busted exposing the wires. The whips connection to the condenser is busted showing wires.
    Anyway, I find a blown 45a fuse, a bloated split cap, and 2 of 3 wires plus the terminals burnt off of the compressor.

The HO lets her dogs run back and forth in that area and they literally tore the hell outa the a/c.

WTF???

Quoted a replacement price and her jaw hit the floor.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

People are stupid

That is awesome..... I love it when you go on a job and find something stupid that someone has did or overlooked...
    The only thing better would be a Picture.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    People are stupid
    yup!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I don't which she needs more, the unit or a Taxidermist.

I had a lady that had her condensing coil torn up pretty bad. A hole was coroded in the copper, fins falling off. She let her dogs piss all over that unit. Replaced it and told her to put a fence up. Gotta love homeowners that don't care about stuff like that. Of course this was years ago.

Repaired a lineset a dog had chewed through. It was during the repair that I noticed a bottle of dog chew deterrent had been chewed up too. There was no stopping that dog. Wonder if the dog caught a good buzz off the freon?