Question Electric smoker ideas

Looking for ideas on building an electric smoker out of old commerial stainless steel reach-in cooler any ideas out there? When I google anything about "electric smoker plans" I get tens of 1000's possible sites to go to. But haven't found anything good yet.

Alton brown used a single burner stove element with a pie pan for a smoker that way the heat could transfer to the pie pan and wet chips for smoking.

You should join a DIY forum, People there really helps in building projects on your own.

Just thought of it too. He did an episode where he used a couple of school lockers to smoke bacon cool and IIRC hot also.

After some research I got a propane fired smoker made by Brinkman. I think it cost around $130. As I remember. I love it. And I don't think I could build one for that kind of money.

But seeing as you have a cooler already. Why not just get one of those propane turkey cookers and set it inside the cooler. You can get one for around $39. bucks. Then all you need is some wash basins for the wood and water pans.

Basically that is all that I got with my store-bought smoker.

Edna Bay, Alaska Highest concentration of black bears in the US
    I've seen guys use single burner hot plates before. That way you can control the temp more easily.

I'll probably go with a single element hot plate and design my own thermostat to control temps. Install a low RPM fan to move the heat around. If anyone knows of any website where I can get a few more ideas please let me know. Thanks

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum

This website has a ton of info. Use the search at the top of the page or there are forum topics specific to different types of smokers.

Smile Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jens152 View Post
    http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum

This website has a ton of info. Use the search at the top of the page or there are forum topics specific to different types of smokers.
    Great site! It should answer anything I might run in to in my smoker build Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Laurenser View Post
    You should join a DIY forum, People there really helps in building projects on your own.
    Weight Loss Arlington