Thread: sever room

hi,
    i have a project for school and we have to setup a sever room. the room is hot and i would like to know how we could set something up. it will all be done on paper and none of the work will be done. we would need to run cold air in and bring the hot air out. what kind of parts will i need thanks for all the help.;

[Edited by Boss on 08-19-2004 at 10:10 AM]

Is this High school, Trade school , or College?

Not to be mean but I think the idea is for you to research a solution not ask people that know the solution to give you answers.

If it were a math test that you didn't know how to figure out you would go online to learn how to solve it not ask a Math Forum what the answer is to 2X2X2X2 is.

Problem solving is a big part of life no matter what you do. Find out how hot it is in the server room and research what it would take to cool that heat load then come here for us to assist you with fine tuning it.

server room

Civi:
    Is the room in question a storage room? If so, ductless is the way to go. Find out for sure what the total wattage will be for the servers and any other related equipment. Then use this formula- watts x 3.413= btuh. This will give you a pretty good heatload estimate. Then divide by 12,000. There is an exact formula for this, but I don't know it. I'm sure someone on this site can give it to you. But this one works just fine for me. Anyway, take your estimate and multiply it by 1.33. This will make up for the inevitable new equipment that they always say won't come. So it looks like this. [(watts x 3.413=btuh) / 12,000]x 1.33 = size of split. Since this is a server room, it will run all year. Make sure you include low ambient controls. Good luck

Dont forget to figure in Rh. Humidity in server rooms is as critical as temp. Too high your screwed. Too low your screwed. There are units designed for these applicatons. Look up a company named Liebert. As the others said you do need to do some homework and figure out your design specs before you go any further.

Originally posted by stevehvac
    If it were a math test that you didn't know how to figure out you would go online to learn how to solve it not ask a Math Forum what the answer is to 2X2X2X2 is.
    2X2X2X2 = 16 And I didn't even need no stinken forum. (I used my brain)

To set it up you call your local commercial contractor and have them install a Leibert Glycol unit.

I got it, ewww ewww ewwww I got it, an Air conditioner and some duct work or a Leibert Mini mate