taylor clamshell grill

hey guys i need some help

i looked at a
    taylor clamshell grill at a wendys

m# c801-23
    s#k5127380

all i can say is that on one side of the grill where the meat is stored after it has been cooked the display is not working. on the other side the display is working but the display is showing n2.41 is this a fault code? the manager couldnt find a book on this grill.

also the left clams' display is blank.

ive worked on lots of foodservice stuff but never anything like this.
    anybody have a manual on this machine?
    any help would be great. thanks in advance

jeep
    Last edited by jeep6275; 07-06-2010 at 08:36 AM.

?
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. John Adams

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by rango View Post
    ?

could you be more specific?! did i not give enough information? did i not explain something well enough?

jeep

call Taylor....I have had the pleasure? of working on this overcomplicated piece of engineering before and all I remember from the experience was that the service manual is a must to deal with the fault codes and such. I don't have the manual, I left it tucked in the unit for the next poor soul that had to deal with it....10 + years doing food equipment and I can tell you that I would rather work on combi ovens then a Taylor digital clam shell....Wish I could help you more....

just a heads up, it was a control board.

apparently one board feeds one clam grill and half of the holding grill. the other board feeds the other two clams and the other half of the holding grill.

jeep

n2.41 is the node software. You did not have to replace the master control board. you just had to flash the software to MC3.07. You would need a Cyclone programer to do this.

what causes the clams to not release after the timer has timed out? the release solenoids are new and all the springs are good. also the hydraulic shock seems fine.

any help would be appreciated.

jeep

Regarding platen not raising

The turn buckle in the rear of the grill needs to be set so that if you lift up on the handle of the platen it takes about 5 to 10 pounds of force to raise off of the surface of the grill. Also there is a force drive adjustment in the back that needs to be set so that it takes 30 to 40 pounds to pop the platen up from the standby position. You need a scale to read these pressures. If the force drive is above 40 pounds then the lift solenoid can not push the platen up. This also can cause solenoids to overheat and fail if the force drive pressure is set to high.

thank you!!

After 25 years in the field I feel the urge to share something.

much appreciated. im at 15 yrs.

its been about 10 yrs since ive been to a taylor school. i used to work for a contractor that would subcontract for the distributor.

thanks again

jeep

Quote Originally Posted by re/hoc=cop View Post
    n2.41 is the node software. You did not have to replace the master control board. you just had to flash the software to MC3.07. You would need a Cyclone programer to do this.
    awesome job newbie!

any time!