Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    wow!
    with all this information about Bush and Kerry, it's obvious who to vote for.

now, if i'm a thinking person, i would vote for Bush.
    unless i just hate Bush and not think at all and be closed minded, then i would vote for Kerry.
    or unless i just happen to be a numb skull, then i would vote for Kerry.
    but, if on the other hand, i'm able to reason with my God given brain, at least a 10% usage, i would vote for Bush.
    but wait, if i hate something or someone, i should vote opposite of that. but if i did, i would be an idiot, seeing that i wouldn't be using my brain.

But bless God for giving me a mind to think! i will vote for Bush/Cheney for liberty and conscience sake.

The thing that gets me on this whole thing: One man can't get those medals by himself. He must be wounded in combat to get a purple heart. Dr. verifies the wound. Report verifies the action. The bronze star must be recommended.

We all know somebody is lying here. I want to hear from the person that recommended Kerry for his star and the commanding officer that approved it.
    If a dr. pulled a splinter out of Kerry's arm, he would not know if the wound was received in combat. My uncle got a purple heart when he was hit by srap metal from a nearby mine. The real wound was from his helmet being knocked off his head, but it drew blood. He carried the soldier hit by the mine back to the med-evac chopper.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Originally posted by kim
    The thing that gets me on this whole thing: One man can't get those medals by himself. He must be wounded in combat to get a purple heart. Dr. verifies the wound. Report verifies the action. The bronze star must be recommended.

We all know somebody is lying here. I want to hear from the person that recommended Kerry for his star and the commanding officer that approved it.
    If a dr. pulled a splinter out of Kerry's arm, he would not know if the wound was received in combat. My uncle got a purple heart when he was hit by srap metal from a nearby mine. The real wound was from his helmet being knocked off his head, but it drew blood. He carried the soldier hit by the mine back to the med-evac chopper.
    ================================================== ==========

Most likely scenario: Wound was real but not inflicted by enemy action. Report by Kerry was falsified, as would be indicated by Kerry's own journal entry.

Bronze Star has nothing to do with PH...totally separate events. Bronze Star could possibly be legit...probably is. PH's are the ones in question.

But just because a guy is legitimately awarded a medal for heroism, it does not make him a man of integrity. Most heroism is a result of action without forethought. I believe Kerry does most things without thinking.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

When they do the investigation they look at the after action reports. The thing is Kerry was an officer and put in the request for the medals and also was the one who wrote the after action reports it just so happens that he embellished the after action reports to make himself look good. Normally people don't put in requests for medals but a lot of that kind of thing happened in vietnam. Officers would go out on patrol and their buddies would put them in for a medal. A lot of times they would get medals for things that they had nothing to do with. Richard Marcinko wrote about it in his book about vietnam. Another vet wrote about also but I can't remember his name I read his book tho. The doctor that saw Kerry for his first injury was on the radio the other day and said it was a superficial wound. A piece of shrapnel about the size of a rose thorn. It was pulled out and a band aid was put on it. He learned later that day by talking with the members of his crew that it was self inflicted. Kerry had quite a reputation for wanting to be like JFK and had plans back then to run for president. It's not that much of a stretch to believe he lied on his after action reports and thereby got undeserved madals. Just because he went to vietnam does not make him a hero and his conduct after vietnam and up until the present proves he is no hero.

My line of thinking:
    If somebody lied before, they might be lying now. I don't trust spokesmen from either side of this issue. They all have their adgenda. Kerry got medals and threw them away. He did not want them so they might as well have never existed.

Far be it from me to detract from a man that served his country. He could have died over there. I was too young, but know several people who came back. I can still remember my aunt crying when my cousin went. I do not think a few months in harms way makes Kerry a better leader than Bush.
    Like my cousin says: "They were both officers in the military. Bush probably had a better officers club to relax in. Kerry probably had better pot to smoke. So it is even." He did say there were several soldiers that got carried away. Would not give anymore details. By no means does that mean that all soldiers in Nam were sadistic killers. I do know a guy with a "Gook Ear". He was crazy before he went though.

Time to get on with the real issues: education, economy, terrorism, etc.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Originally posted by motorboy1
    If you believe ANY of that bullsh!t, you're even stupider than you seem. Moron.
    Kind of funny - every post you have regarding President Bush has resorted to you calling them names and running away like a school girl - you do your poitical affiliation much justice.

Originally posted by Boiling Point
    If you believe ANY of that bullsh!t, you're even stupider than you seem. Moron.
    Kind of funny - every post you have regarding President Bush has resorted to you calling them names and running away like a school girl - you do your poitical affiliation much justice.
    ================================================== =========

Yeah, motor fits right in.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Re: Motorboy

Originally posted by bb
    Go buy a shirt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...927059665&rd=1
    Only if it says, "I HATE BUSH!".

oh really!!!!

Originally posted by bb
    Go buy a shirt.

Only if it says, "I ATE BUSH!".
    HEHEHE

Re: oh really!!!!

Originally posted by rob10
    Originally posted by bb
    Go buy a shirt.

Only if it says, "I ATE BUSH!".
    HEHEHE
    Didn't mean to upset you motorboy.

Calm down motormouth you flip flopping like your hero Kerry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234