Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by ozone drone
    Originally posted by bootlen
    Bootlen...you're responding to air one....not OD...I gotta enough enemies I earned myself without takin it for somebody else.
    ================================================== =========

OD, please forgive. My bad. You can come back out of the oven. Air1, go to your oven.
    I don't know booty...I'm kinda half baked...gettin to like it in here.

It's almost as warm and fuzzy as a good democratic social program.

I hear you, I do!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Career military officers don't tend to be feel good liberals. I hardly think it would be a fifty fifty liberal/conservative split with that demographic.
    Of course not. But neither are they anything close to 95% Republican shills. That's equally as absurd. And the majority are not career military.

Most of these people have been out of the military for decades. Few of these people have a thing to gain and all have a lot to lose. When better than 90% of the media votes Democrat, they knew they were going to be put through the ringer. A FEW would go through that because they're hardcore Republicans - just like 13 hardcore libs did for Kerry. But the other two hundred and something? They're motivated by principle. I know it's hard to believe anything political could be motivated by principle, but it's true. Find a good conservative therapist if you need further help with the concept.

Ira. When you talk about "principle" to a dem, you have to explain what it means each time you discuss it. They tend to forget its definition between conversations.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Come now bootlen. I would argue that some Democrats are masters of the English language. How else could they twist the meaning of its words so masterfully?

Originally posted by Irascible
    Come now bootlen. I would argue that some Democrats are masters of the English language. How else could they twist the meaning of its words so masterfully?
    My logic may seem convoluted, but you can rest assured I'll express it concisely......ummm...concise convolutions???

Uh Ira what's the name of that therapist?
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Originally posted by Irascible

One of the only words (and concept for that matter) they haven't mastered is "principle".

Others are "truth", "propriety", "duty", "commitment", "honesty", and the like.

Proud member of KA Club

Statement by Navy Veteran Van Odell, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

in Rebuttal to Michael Dobbs, Washington Post, August 19, 2004

A courageous, soft spoken man of the Midwest, Larry Thurlow has a heart bigger than the great plains and a commitment to truth and honesty that is boundless. He is under attack, because John Kerry is feeling the heat of truth at the hands of this honest man and others like him.

The Kerry Campaign is attacking the truthfulness of this man and the Bronze Star he so richly deserves for his actions on March 13, 1969. I was there. I saw what happened.

The mine's detonation lifted PCF-3 completely out of the water just yards ahead of me. All boats commenced suppression fire in case enemy small arms fire ensued. None did.

All boats came to the aid of PCF-3, except one: John Kerry's boat. Kerry fled.

Larry Thurlow piloted his boat straight toward the mine-damaged PCF-3 from which thick, black smoke billowed. He jumped aboard and personally led damage control operations that saved the boat and rescue operations that saved the lives of badly wounded men. Larry's leadership was in the highest traditions of the naval service. His leadership allowed the other men and boats of the mission to exit the river safely. This single act of meritorious service -- the chief requirement of the Bronze Star -- should be honored, not ridiculed, by the Kerry campaign and its allies in the mainstream media.

To reiterate, only one enemy weapon was deployed that day -- the command-detonated submerged mine that disabled PCF-3.

Larry Thurlow's citation contained references to "enemy small arms and automatic weapons fire," because that was the language chosen by John Kerry who penned the spot report on the action that day. There was no "enemy small arms and automatic weapons fire" received that day. John Kerry's report was fiction -- a hoax on the entire chain of command. Larry Thurlow's heroism and meritorious service, however, is real.

To me Larry is one of the heroes of our country. He is a man who served his country when called and who returned home to be a productive citizen. Larry and men like him are the strong backbone of our society. I am proud to have served with him.

http://www.swiftvets.com/

First off Air1 you need to get your facts straight Reservists cannot go AWOL as we do not accrue Leave AWOL is Absent without leave. You liberals have no idea how stupid you make yourselves look. Bush was not UA either he had pemission of his command. Being counted as UA happens all the time to reservists even if you show up for the drills. All it takes is one numbskull to screw your paperwork up and you have to go back and straighten it out. I got counted UA one time by the reserve center when I was on AT and had orders. Another thing I am CBVET coordinator for my detachment so I have around 30 guys to take care of and make sure they finish the CBVET program. When I took over many guys didn't even have anything in their service records I had to start from scratch and rebuild their records. I can see how records from 35 years ago on Bush could get lost. Don't get caught up in the liberal hype. Most of the people putting Bush down for his service have never served in the boy scouts much less the military so they don't know what they are talking about. If you've never served and don't understand the process do yourself a favor and don't be so quick to pass judgement on Bush for screw ups that he may have had nothing to do with.

Originally posted by woods mech
    First off Air1 you need to get your facts straight Reservists cannot go AWOL as we do not accrue Leave AWOL is Absent without leave. You liberals have no idea how stupid you make yourselves look. Bush was not UA either he had pemission of his command. Being counted as UA happens all the time to reservists even if you show up for the drills. All it takes is one numbskull to screw your paperwork up and you have to go back and straighten it out. I got counted UA one time by the reserve center when I was on AT and had orders. Another thing I am CBVET coordinator for my detachment so I have around 30 guys to take care of and make sure they finish the CBVET program. When I took over many guys didn't even have anything in their service records I had to start from scratch and rebuild their records. I can see how records from 35 years ago on Bush could get lost. Don't get caught up in the liberal hype. Most of the people putting Bush down for his service have never served in the boy scouts much less the military so they don't know what they are talking about. If you've never served and don't understand the process do yourself a favor and don't be so quick to pass judgement on Bush for screw ups that he may have had nothing to do with.
    You should start a new campaign "The Bull**** Veterans to give Bush a record" he definitely qualifies as a numbskull.

No johnny boy, YOU qualify as a numb skull.

Re: Kerry is Scary

Originally posted by rob10
    the likes of lesbo Janet Reno.

[Edited by rob10 on 08-19-2004 at 07:05 PM]
    Your throwing around the word lesbo like it's a bad thing!
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Only when they are

Ugly as homemade soap!

There's a report out now that in his personal journal from whence he wrote his unfindable book of lies, there is a journal entry dated 9 days AFTER his submission for the 1st Purple Heart (awarded for wounds suffered under enemy fire), that he, as of that journal date, had not yet come under enemy fire.

Hmmmmmm.

Proud member of KA Club

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast