Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by air1
    How can anyone who supports a person who used his fathers connections to avoid going to Vietnam, go awol, fail to report for a physical because he couldn't pass a drug test, had military records destroyed to cover up who knows what, have the audacity to criticize a person who volunteered to go to Vietnam when he didn't have to?

You guys are real hypocrites.

Your position is indefensible and demonstrates your lack of critical thinking and ignorance.

Bush and Cheeny are frauds who did not have courage to go to war themselves but dare to criticize a man who did.

But I'll bet you voted for Clinton.

How can anyone who supports a person who used his fathers connections to avoid going to Vietnam, go awol, fail to report for a physical because he couldn't pass a drug test, had military records destroyed to cover up who knows what, have the audacity to criticize a person who volunteered to go to Vietnam when he didn't have to?

You guys are real hypocrites.

Your position is indefensible and demonstrates your lack of critical thinking and ignorance.

Bush and Cheeny are frauds who did not have courage to go to war themselves but dare to criticize a man who did.

One of the persons who supports Kerry is the guy who fell from the boat that Kerry went back to pick up. He happens to be a Republican. All of the other persons who criticize Kerry are strong Republican supporters. If they were non partizan then the might be credible. But they are not so you have to be skeptical of their statements.

Bush didn't crticize kerry for going to vietnam, in fact Bush said "it was noble"

ya goofball.

talk about lack of critical thinking skills....you top the list on that one.

All of the other persons who criticize Kerry are strong Republican supporters. If they were non partizan then the might be credible.
    Only one out of 23 of Kerry's fellow Officers in Charge support Kerry. So 97% of Kerry's fellow OIC's are strong Republican supporters, ay?

Over 250 swift boat vets are on record questioning Kerry. 13 support him. So 95% of swift boat vets in general are strong Republican supporters, ay?

The ENTIRE chain of command questions Kerry. So 100% of his superior officers are strong Republican supporters, ay?

WOW! Kerry sure was unlucky. Half the country leans to the left and half to the right. Yet Kerry magically got better than 95% Republican shills all around him in Vietnam. Or perhaps the truth is that those vets are no different than the rest of the country in terms of political orientation. It's just that Kerry disgusts them so much that they're willing to let go of party politics and do what's right.

The 13 that support Kerry are certainly doing what's right for them. They get to travel all over the country and stay in luxury hotels courtesy of the DNC. Yeah... they're certainly unbiased.

Originally posted by Irascible

The ENTIRE chain of command questions Kerry. So 100% of his superior officers are strong Republican supporters, ay?

WOW! Kerry sure was unlucky. Half the country leans to the left and half to the right. Yet Kerry magically got better than 95% Republican shills all around him in Vietnam. Or perhaps the truth is that those vets are no different than the rest of the country in terms of political orientation. It's just that Kerry disgusts them so much that they're willing to let go of party politics and do what's right.

The 13 that support Kerry are certainly doing what's right for them. They get to travel all over the country and stay in luxury hotels courtesy of the DNC. Yeah... they're certainly unbiased. [/B]

Career military officers don't tend to be feel good liberals
    I hardly think it would be a fifty fifty liberal/conservative split with that demographic.

As for the enlisted guys who got out of the Navy....all middle aged males ...again hardly a liberal demographic.

democratic/liberal types are women and school teachers

veterans tend to be very conservative.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

How do you guys feel about Bush's service record?
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Air1,
    Bush served out his committment and did what he was supposed to do. Flying fighter jets is not easy nor is it safe. Also Bush didn't lie about and dishonor the men serving and dying in vietnam to further his political career as Kerry did. Bush never claimed to be a hero as Kerry has falsely claimed to be either. So I feel pretty good about Bush's service in the military and as commander in chief.

So you are OK with the fact that he used his daddy's influence to avoid going to Vietnam. Or that he was awol. Also, Officers that served with him are on record saying that they were ordered to destroy record of his service or lack there of.

Flying a fighter jet might be more dangerous that driving a car, but who wouldn't like to operate a machine that can go twice the speed of sound. No real act of courage there as far as I'm concerned. I would give my left nut to fly one of those for a living.

During the time he was in the national guard he failed to show up for a physical and lost his flight privileges. It is rumored tat he was a cocaine addict and a alcoholic at the time and didn't want to take a drug test.

Bush is lying about his military record. Whenever he is asked about his service he will only say he fulfilled his requirements. Meaning he received a honorable discharge. While that may be technically correct he won't provide details because he is hiding something. Lying by omission.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Dosen't matter.

kerry's dosen't matter either besides the fact that he betrayed everyone in uniform and the country by the bull**** he spewed when he came back

So you are OK with the fact that he used his daddy's influence to avoid going to Vietnam. Or that he was awol. Also, Officers that served with him are on record saying that they were ordered to destroy record of his service or lack there of.

Flying a fighter jet might be more dangerous that driving a car, but who wouldn't like to operate a machine that can go twice the speed of sound. No real act of courage there as far as I'm concerned. I would give my left nut to fly one of those for a living.

During the time he was in the national guard he failed to show up for a physical and lost his flight privileges. It is rumored tat he was a cocaine addict and a alcoholic at the time and didn't want to take a drug test.

Bush is lying about his military record. Whenever he is asked about his service he will only say he fulfilled his requirements. Meaning he received a honorable discharge. While that may be technically correct he won't provide details because he is hiding something. Lying by omission.

================================================== =========

OD, you're gonna have to learn to live with facts.

"Daddy's influence"...That has been investigated and found to be false.

"...that he was AWOL." He was never AWOL. The missing records had been stored in a warehouse and incorrectly catalogued, I believe in Denver, before a computer equipment changeover and were recently discovered by an Air Force clerk.

"...give my left nut..." Keep it. You apparently don't have the intellect to handle something complicated as a tricycle so a jet is out of the question.

"...lost his flight privileges." Actually, he asked to be removed from flying status. I don't recall his reason but it was legit. It's all a matter of record.

"...drug addict..." You said yourself it was rumored. Is that what you base your important decisions on...rumors? No wonder you're a lib.

"...lying about his military record." Wouldn't do any good to lie (as Kerry is discovering). It's a matter of record. Records indicate he served as required without turning his back on his comrades (unlike Kerry).

Now, go crawl back in the oven. You're only half-baked.

BTW, I spent 2-1/2 years in SEA and I have NO qualms whatsoever about W's service. I sure as hell had a problem with Slick Willie. And I have a hell of a problem with Scary Kerry.

[Edited by bootlen on 08-20-2004 at 04:35 PM]
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Talking

Bootlen...you're responding to air one....not OD...I gotta enough enemies I earned myself without takin it for somebody else.

Originally posted by ozone drone
    Bootlen...you're responding to air one....not OD...I gotta enough enemies I earned myself without takin it for somebody else.

OD, please forgive. My bad. You can come back out of the oven. Air1, go to your oven.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

In comparison to what?
    Kerry is running solely on his abstract and confusing "Tour of Duty", Bush did not.
    Kerry opened this can of worms and then wonders why it isn't working for him.
    Why won't Kerry release his military records pertaining to his time in Vietnam? one has to wonder.

Talking

Originally posted by bootlen
    Originally posted by ozone drone

OD, please forgive. My bad. You can come back out of the oven. Air1, go to your oven.
    I don't know booty...I'm kinda half baked...gettin to like it in here.

It's almost as warm and fuzzy as a good democratic social program.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast