Carrier vs Waterfurnace 3 Ton

Carrier vs Waterfurnace 3 Ton

Looking for a little advice. Looking at a couple of geothermal systems; 1) A Carrier GT-PX 3 ton spilt unit vs. a Waterfurance 3 ton unit. This is going in a 2300sq ft home. I have a 2.5 ton A/C unit now and have no issues cooling the home, but the unit is now over 18 years old. Also have a 90+ Lennox unit that will stay in place and be incorporated with the system (3 years old). Just wondering which unit would be the best buy? The quote for Waterfurnace is a couple of thousand higher.

Also I have room to put a horizontal or vertical loop in. Is there any real difference in them?

Thanks for the help!!!

Best Geo

Not Really!

The installer will make the biggest difference.

Until I know the model vs model I can help you with some answers.

Cant go wrong with either , its truely pick your choice of contractor
    I sell Stuff - Never Buy by Brand Buy by Service

Quote Originally Posted by arc8 View Post
    Not Really!

The installer will make the biggest difference.

Until I know the model vs model I can help you with some answers.

Envision Split Geothermal System 2 stage, R410A, 38,000
    Vs
    Carrier (50YDS038) Split Geothermal System 2 stage, R410A, 38,000

I am pulling this off his proposal both will be incorporated with my 3 year old furnace. These are indoor units and show the same warranties 10 year parts and labor on Ref. Pkg and 5 years parts and labor on Accy.

I am thinking I will go with the vertical loop, is there anything I can or should look for when they drill? I know he talked about drilling around 150ft.

Make sure that the loop is designed for the system. Many of the complaints against geo are caused by improper loop design and installation. Driller and installer should be IGSHPA certified.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

Quote Originally Posted by texas cooler View Post
    Make sure that the loop is designed for the system. Many of the complaints against geo are caused by improper loop design and installation. Driller and installer should be IGSHPA certified.
    Thanks I will check to see if they are certified. I talked to him today, he said they would drill 3 holes around 150ft each.

Quote Originally Posted by EndAll View Post
    Envision Split Geothermal System 2 stage, R410A, 38,000
    Vs
    Carrier (50YDS038) Split Geothermal System 2 stage, R410A, 38,000

I am pulling this off his proposal both will be incorporated with my 3 year old furnace. These are indoor units and show the same warranties 10 year parts and labor on Ref. Pkg and 5 years parts and labor on Accy.

I am thinking I will go with the vertical loop, is there anything I can or should look for when they drill? I know he talked about drilling around 150ft.

The specs are very similar.