Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    That brings back memories, but with using a different type of drug
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Here's an oldy that sums up some of the better moments of a depressive; http://vodpod.com/watch/2478178-coun...c-reation-1965

I might relate.

I think I can relate.

Zero motivation, no desire to move ahead, sneak in as many naps as possible, constantly tired, drink more than a mild buzz, high anxiety.

I've been on med's for about 8 years, until recently. I switched Doc's, she told me I don't need it anymore. She switched me to take high blood and cholesterol meds instead.

So far no issues, alot more energy and go get em attitude.

I'll talk if you need.

good luck, It really sucks. You just have to focus on pulling out of it. It is a waste of life, really.

Maybe switching to a female doctor was my cure?

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyDo View Post
    I think I can relate.

Zero motivation, no desire to move ahead, sneak in as many naps as possible, constantly tired, drink more than a mild buzz, high anxiety.

I've been on med's for about 8 years, until recently. I switched Doc's, she told me I don't need it anymore. She switched me to take high blood and cholesterol meds instead.

I'll talk if you need.

good luck, It really sucks. You just have to focus on pulling out of it. It is a waste of life, really.

My doc is not too keen on meds either. He is a firm believer in getting chemical inbalances under control through vitamin, mineral and other natural supplements. He took me off of my meds a while back. The vitamins and such were doing ok, but just taking the edge off of my anxieties.

Things were not going well during a particularly nasty divorce ans a change of jobs and I lost control. On my first day of work at my new job, I was driving to work, trying to get my crying spells under control so I could function at my new job.

I called my doc and told him that I was not going to make it without meds. I told him that my best thoughts were of loading up my firearms and visiting everyone on my sh!t list that I felt did me wrong over the years and taking them out one by one until the police ended my anxieties with an overdose of lead.

Doc asked if having a nice relaxing evening with Lisa (then my girlfriend) and thinking about all of the things I have to live for didn't sound like a better idea. My reply was; no, I like my plan better. Doc told me to come in after work that day and he would have my prescriptions ready along with a shot to get me started.

Sometimes we just need the meds. I have not been off of mine since.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyDo View Post
    I think I can relate.

I'll talk if you need.

Just sayin'. You might have multiple problems.(No insult intended)
    To go from anti-depressants,(an assumption) to blood pressure and cholesterol meds is a big difference. Have you had your thyroid checked yet? Some of the symptoms you describe,could possibly be related.
    But, if ya feel OK, I guess that's what really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
    You can dump alot of depression by not watching the news. I find that when I do watch it, after hearing about all the local shootings, unemployment, fires, floods, and doom and gloom that Im bummed out. Solution, I dont watch it.
    Amen on the news!! I never,ever,never watch the news, and really have never have been much of a news watcher all my life. Doctor Bill says, if you suffer from any kind of depression period, the news would be the first thing I would drop like a lead balloon.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    My doc is not too keen on meds either. He is a firm believer in getting chemical inbalances under control through vitamin, mineral and other natural supplements. He took me off of my meds a while back. The vitamins and such were doing ok, but just taking the edge off of my anxieties.

Things were not going well during a particularly nasty divorce ans a change of jobs and I lost control. On my first day of work at my new job, I was driving to work, trying to get my crying spells under control so I could function at my new job.

I called my doc and told him that I was not going to make it without meds. I told him that my best thoughts were of loading up my firearms and visiting everyone on my sh!t list that I felt did me wrong over the years and taking them out one by one until the police ended my anxieties with an overdose of lead.

Doc asked if having a nice relaxing evening with Lisa (then my girlfriend) and thinking about all of the things I have to live for didn't sound like a better idea. My reply was; no, I like my plan better. Doc told me to come in after work that day and he would have my prescriptions ready along with a shot to get me started.

Sometimes we just need the meds. I have not been off of mine since.
    Christian faith first, then the approach in bold above.

I had one of those times like Robin mentioned in the third PP above... This is what drove me (scared me into) to blunt honesty with God... When I was honest with God, I ended up being honest with myself... and the issues I needed to address were clear.

Then one day at a time until the balance and zest for life starts to come back.

I think one never really gets to 100% again, but one can get in to the 90's and live a productive and fun life... just remember what can happen if one does not keep an eye on their mood swings.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

This is a depressing thread

When my girlfriend of 20 years died, I sunk to a depth that I never imagined existed. Going to sleep at night hoping you don't wake up. Waking up thinking you just had a bad nightmare, then realizing in horror that it wasn't a dream at all.

Until you've been there, it's difficult to understand.

I've been off my meds for about a year now after being on them for 10 years. I told my doc I need to get off of these pills. Just got tired of not living but just kind of functioning through life. Before this, I was always on the go, hunting, fishing and just enjoying life. I'm much better now

For me one of the most frustrating things were that friends and family just didn't get it. Comments like, why are you so lazy, get out of the house and do something and so and so on would drive me ballistic. It's like I wanted to be this way.

For those of you that live with or know someone with depression the best thing you can do is get some books on the subject and read them so you can understand what it is. If you've never had depression you cant even remotely know what it's like to live with it!

Oh, and were not talking about, gee my beer ran out I'm really depressed!

My favorite song to listen to back then is by Harry Nilsson..."Your breakin my heart"

Trust me on that one. You should be able to find it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chesapeake View Post
    It sucks. And right now I'm having one of my moments. UGH!

Just wondering how many of you out there take happy pills like me.
    I sympathise with you mate, its a terrible ailment, suffered with it since I was about 13, doc diagnosed me with it at 21, gave me some red torpedoed shape pills to take once a day, I had a pint of lager a few days after, and I felt as p!ssed as a handcart and I couldn't see a thing until I had been to sleep. It was as if I was frowning and my eyes were full of tears all the time distorting my vision. I stopped taking them eventually because I didn't feel like I was in control and felt slightly spacey, they did make me feel a bit better though, but I was still aware there was something wrong in my life and it made me try to think harder what it was, but at the same time making me feel like I didn't care.

Personally I think depression is caused by one or more traumas that in turn weakens your self esteem and confidence, and lowers your level of positive mental attitude, and your ability to take full control of your ambitions and destinies. Making you feel like not even bothering at all, or doing anymore than you have to. Then in turn making you feel worse for not bothering or trying harder, then adding more darkness to the problem.

As you know there's no cure for it you just come to terms with it, just recently I've been spending my weekends in bed all day and not wanting to get up. I think I'm crossing bridges before I'm getting to them, Its a strange thing as well because when you eventually try to look into where the problem is, you never get to the bottom of it, and start to get back to somewhere normal. Then the next thing you know everthings hunkydory, then after a while... bang, it all starts to go dark again. I don't know about you but peace and quiet seems to make a difference, it allows you to try and focus when you eventually feel like doing so. Also I think I'm trying to do too much and I've got too many things outstanding in my life at the moment, so I don't think this helps.

Such is life.

I hope you feel better soon.
    Martyn

50 & 60 hz but 100's worse

Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    This is a depressing thread
    Maybe this will help; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tHoK1CpCaI

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast