Bryant dealers can't buy Carrier???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    They will sell to you but you have to know the magic words...

Tell them that the HO is trying to decide between Trane and Carrier and if you don't sell the Carrier, Trane will get the job.

That should do it.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

There is a local contractor in my area that is a 5 star Carrier dealer but also sells Rheem and Goodman.

It seems as though there several sets of standards in play here.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Very timely thread!

I got a call from the A/S distributer. He said that the Big Boys told them not to sell me any more A/S. Said I am a Trane dealer and I can't buy A/S anymore. It started when I got pissed at the BS that I was getting from my Trane dist. I told them since they screw up as bad or worse than the A/S dealer down the road, ((5mi.), I should avoid the 30 mile drive to get Trane and buy A/S.
    I told them A/S was getting 25% of the equipment sales. That's when all the crying started. I guess I buy enough now to get their attention.
    PS-The A/S guys also have Sat. hours, the Trane bunch doesn't. I guess whenever I need equipment I'm going to have to start ringing someone's pager! NOT! I have no intention nor do the A/S guys of not doing business anymore.

If you sell Carrier you get the scumbag service that you deserve.

When a customer wants a Carrier just tell them the turth. Since Carrier started making thier equipment in Mexico the quality of the equipment went way down. They send up equipment that has leaks in them and they expect us the dealer to fix them and not charge them for our time or material. We can't do business with Carrier. Do you really want a Carrier unit made in Mexico?

Carrier what a mess.....

ps. did I mention that Carrier sucks the big one. I told you guys that 3 years ago.

[Edited by benncool on 08-18-2004 at 09:50 PM]

Breath deep..

And tell us what you really think of Carrier,

Our Carrier dist. got fired by Carrier. The Bryant dist. is also the Carrier dist. and they'll sell to anyone.

anyone can buy a Carrier, just go to sears they will sell you one

What bothers me is that they are trying to use rules made up by them selves and are inconsistant with every one. Why can't the small business shop buy what ever it wants from whom ever he wants.
    take the car dealers for example a gm dealer actually has access to several brands eg cadillac hummer buick pontiac cheverolet geo oldsmobile etc. and he can sell any trade in or used vehicle he wants.
    now the individual dealer has access to two or more brands from Gm So why the hell can't a bryant dealer sell carrier they are under the same umbrella

go to any electronics retailer except the sony store and you will see all kinds of brands being sold.any dept store can sell any brand of stuff.

www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by Steve Wiggins
    They will sell to you but you have to know the magic words...

Tell them that the HO is trying to decide between Trane and Carrier and if you don't sell the Carrier, Trane will get the job.

That should do it.

Steve,
    Thats exactly what I did with the Carrier rep, told me good luck!
    Also told me that occasionally they will sell to non-Carrier dealers, but only the ones with big $$$$$$$.

Carrier is on MY list.....and I refuse to play games to buy their equipment

But these same suppliers claim that they have to sell to the public or they are breaking the law.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

This really makes me mad.

Lets use this situation as our first example of how small companies can stick together and fight the big fight.

Find out who the other big Carrier dealers in your area are and then we will threaten them. An investigation into how they do business might reveal some illegal activity esp. with the cities and how they pull permits.

David might just sling a stone at Goliaths head.

Anti- Trust Laws

Steve, a distributor does not have to sell equipment to everyone;however, if they do, then they cannot stop selling him unless he does not pay, or has an unsolved service complaint. The distributor supposedly must treat the new dealer just like the others which does not always happen. If you can prove violation of Sherman Anti- Trust laws, the offending distributor will have no defense & stiff penalties & jail time could happen for the distributor & involved personnel. This is why it is important that a distributor carefully decide who its customers are.

So if they are whole sale then they can legally pick and choose who they sell to?

It seems to me that they want to sell to the public and claim they are wholesale. They can't do both can they?

I understand most Carrier models Have a Bryant equal. An example would be Bryant's condenser model 397C's has a Carrier equal that is 38TRA They will have the mostly same internal parts made in the same factory. Check the Carrier website

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast