Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I had a female cop pull me over once because she said I didn't have windows in the back of my service van only mirrors on sides she said I need to check the law on that..I thought that was her job to know that.... and she took me out of my service van and frisked me (ALL 6'2" 300 LBS OF HER).....and even touched my no no spot....SO
    CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY!!!!!

[QUOTE=edward301;7104272]You should have stopped in the road as close to the point of contact
    with your vehicle, and taken pictures. Move vehicle after taking pictures.

Many years ago some idiot passed me on the right of a one lane road
    as I was stopped waiting to turn left. Messed up his car good, did not
    hurt my steel bumper at all. Cops came handed out blue forms, left.

Guy tried to sue me claiming I had turned left, and changed my mind
    came back into lane and hit him. Well I took pictures to court, and
    after guy sat there and lied to judge, I showed my pictures to judge
    and explaned there was no way my vehicle could be sitting at the
    angle it was ( it was slightly turned left waiting for left turn ), judge
    easily believed me, ruled in my favor, scolded the guy for lying, and
    told guy he was lucky he did not lock him up for contempt of court.

Bottom line take pictures immediately, judges always believe cops,
    because most people that go into court lie, and judges are tired of
    hearing it.[/QUOTE

I took pictures detailing the scene of the accident and the judge could have cared less, the judge , cop and prosecutor talked so I couldn't hear them a decided my case, kangaroo kourt at is best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't hate the police, I just don't trust them anymore. Good cheap lesson to learn at $120.00, like "The Who" sang , won't get fooled again.
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

Quote Originally Posted by rickpit7 View Post
    I had a female cop pull me over once because she said I didn't have windows in the back of my service van only mirrors on sides she said I need to check the law on that..I thought that was her job to know that.... and she took me out of my service van and frisked me (ALL 6'2" 300 LBS OF HER).....and even touched my no no spot....SO
    CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY!!!!!
    From what i was told in the state of nj since our vans do not have back windows it has to have a mirror mounted on the back, we have back up beepers but no mirror.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

I mentioned this here before. I have told my wife and kids "Never call the police". There is no faster way to turn a simple thing into something complicated.

The police are not there to help, they are there to control people and find someone to make responsible.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

great site post, Karst!
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by karsthuntr View Post
    Thanks for the post, learned alot.
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    To make a long story short I contested a ticket in traffic court for driving over the center line. The cop (all 5'2 110 lbs of her) gave me this ticket without seeing the infraction. A guy tried to pass me one the right on a two lane road through an entrance to a shopping center. Contact was made from my front right bumper to his rear left quarter panel. The cop (all 5'2 110 lbs of her ) claimed I had to be over the center line for this to happen, never took any measurements and made me move my truck as soon as she got there.In court she (all 5'2 110 lbs of her )told the judge that the truck was already moved out of the road when she got there and she measured the road at 14' wide. I contested these points and the judge never even looked up at me the two of them exchanged this information like they were talking by themselves. I told the judge that I was trying to make a wide right turn to avoid some bad pavement on the entrance, he told me if I have a problem with the streets to contact the street dept. I lost, paid the fine and left the courthouse pissed off!!!
    I will never again give a statement or admit to anything other than being at the seen of any accident to a cop EVER again. "Talk to my lawyer" will be my words. I got shot at one time in my service truck, went to the police in the same city and they wouldn't even make a report out or go out to the scene. Left a hole in my truck two feet back of the drivers side window. Got my truck broken into in my driveway and they could have cared less. Had a guy threaten to shot me in the head at a gas station because he thought I cut him off, no reaction. None of these things generate money for the city but shot gunning tickets does. It just SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to get my conceal carry permit and a couple bad ass dogs and start taking care of myself because the people I thought were there to " protect and serve" don't care
    I also had a recent run in with a cop. It made me feel real bad. I swear most of these guys are the best of the best guys... Not all. In hindsight I figure he was just a jerk that screwed up on his job. Took his inadequacies out on me. If I were a counter-jerk, I would have made a fuss but no harm done.

What color was her hair?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Did she have eyes of blue ?

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Did she have eyes of blue ?
    How big was her hiney?

'Short' DOES NOT = petite.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

This is the kind of thing that happens when governments are broke.

They will generate revenue anyway they can.

Anyone that thinks the police are there to "serve and protect" are delusional. The police are there to "React and then control" period.

YOU need to protect yourself. No one else is going to do it for you. Not the police nor the justice system

If your going to get a firearm, I STRONGLY suggest you read "In the Gravest Extreme" by Massod Ayoob <sp> If your not prepared for the fallout from a shooting, (whether justified or not) your in for a very rude and expensive awakening

another thing you should learn while being pulled over is the words "No Sir/Mam I do not allow searches" followed by "Are you detaining me/us or am I free to go"

This will tell the officer you know what your doing. Just one word of caution, NEVER, EVER resist or touch a police officer don't even brush up against an officer.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

and NEVER touch their no no spot.
    EVER.

(sorry I couldn't resist)
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

State laws differ, if the other driver, in passing on the right, left the roadway he would be in violation of a law also (at least here) and should have received a ticket. Also you made no mention of using your turn signal. I only assume that you did not and that was a contributing factor. Cest la vie.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ...another thing you should learn while being pulled over is the words "No Sir/Mam I do not allow searches" followed by "Are you detaining me/us or am I free to go"

This will tell the officer you know what your doing.
    Great advice. Makes me think about the IRS.

I have never had a tax audit. I understand that they instruct you to have your records "available". Have them available but when they ask to see them, you probably should say, "Are you demanding to see these records?" Our rights protect us against self incrimination and against unreasonable searches. If they say yes, say, "Please put that in writing". If they say no, say, "NO".
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast