Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

I Just lost All Respect For The police

To make a long story short I contested a ticket in traffic court for driving over the center line. The cop (all 5'2 110 lbs of her) gave me this ticket without seeing the infraction. A guy tried to pass me one the right on a two lane road through an entrance to a shopping center. Contact was made from my front right bumper to his rear left quarter panel. The cop (all 5'2 110 lbs of her ) claimed I had to be over the center line for this to happen, never took any measurements and made me move my truck as soon as she got there.In court she (all 5'2 110 lbs of her )told the judge that the truck was already moved out of the road when she got there and she measured the road at 14' wide. I contested these points and the judge never even looked up at me the two of them exchanged this information like they were talking by themselves. I told the judge that I was trying to make a wide right turn to avoid some bad pavement on the entrance, he told me if I have a problem with the streets to contact the street dept. I lost, paid the fine and left the courthouse pissed off!!!
    I will never again give a statement or admit to anything other than being at the seen of any accident to a cop EVER again. "Talk to my lawyer" will be my words. I got shot at one time in my service truck, went to the police in the same city and they wouldn't even make a report out or go out to the scene. Left a hole in my truck two feet back of the drivers side window. Got my truck broken into in my driveway and they could have cared less. Had a guy threaten to shot me in the head at a gas station because he thought I cut him off, no reaction. None of these things generate money for the city but shot gunning tickets does. It just SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to get my conceal carry permit and a couple bad ass dogs and start taking care of myself because the people I thought were there to " protect and serve" don't care
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

Yea, tickets are mostly fund raisers for the city. If its your word against a cops your just wasting your time. I've felt the same about Cops many times but I have also met many good and fair ones to balance my feelings. We all get screwed now and then it doesn't mean the end of the world, you wil cool down and feel better soon. No sense getting too upset.

Any reason you didn't hire a lawyer?
    It's only a traffic ticket, not the end of the world. Not too late to edit your last sentence. Some folks might take it the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Any reason you didn't hire a lawyer?
    It's only a traffic ticket, not the end of the world. Not too late to edit your last sentence. Some folks might take it the wrong way.

It was a $120.00 ticket that was going to cost $600.00 + to defend through a lawyer, first ticket in years, no fault laws made each party responsible for the property damage, no damage to my truck . I rolled the dice thinking that common sense would prevail when I proved both vehicles could be in the same lane.

Also learned years ago the hard way, NEVER TELL A COP ANYTHING (other than," speak to my lawyer") They are there to "protect and serve" ... themselves, NOT the "common" citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    It was a $120.00 ticket that was going to cost $600.00 + to defend through a lawyer, first ticket in years, no fault laws made each party responsible for the property damage, no damage to my truck . I rolled the dice thinking that common sense would prevail when I proved both vehicles could be in the same lane.
    Still, no reason to start hating the police, is it? All 5'2" of her .

cops will lie, cheat and steal just like anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Still, no reason to start hating the police, is it? All 5'2" of her .
    We need pictures of this 5'2" cop... I'm just saying, I kinda like short women!
    I'll admit I don't hate all cops, my cousin is one, and I like her. In general though, every encounter I've had with them (been on both sides, though nothing every very serious) hasn't turned out well. Hindsight, I wish I woulda saw that video many years ago!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by karsthuntr View Post
    Thanks for the post, learned alot.

What do you expect? You live near Area 51. It's all a conspiracy.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

great site post, Karst!
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast