Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by johnl45
    Thanks for at least presenting a valid point of view. It's refreshing instead of the name calling practiced by many right-wingers on this board.
    It's a failing of people in general, right and left. I threw a few names around myself when I got into it with the duct cleaners and since then I've tried to mend my ways. Insults only hasten the breakdown of the conversation. Mind you, the conversation always breaks down. I just try to make sure it's the other guy's fault when it does.

Besides, why bother with the names when we have Rob and James? With such magnificent wit on display, as evidenced by such jewels as "dumb-o-crat" (*cough*), I dare not encroach on their turf. LOL!

No Rob. Agreeing with John on preferring civility over insults does not make me a pinko commy sympathizer.

Originally posted by bobby7388
    Here's another example of johns misguided thoughts. During the Reagan years the tax burden was lessend, yet the revenue coming into the treasury was increased.
    It was the democrats that spent the extra revenue giving the impression that Reagan caused a deficit.
    You got your facts messed up, Reagan causes the deficit with the largest military budget ever.

One very important point needs to be addressed, I never have my facts mixed up. If your going to argue a point I assume you've done some research prior to posting. If it seems that you haven't then I'll rebut promptly and correctly.
    Even though a president is blamed for most of the economies problems, or credited with growth, they are not in direct control of spending, they only make recommendations and have the power of veto which can be overiden with a 2/3 majority vote from congress.

Remember!!! Kerry voted against the Gulf War(91) yet voted for the current war. Then he came out in favor of the Gulf War and agianst the current war. If you can figure him out all the power to you. But to trust him with the security of our country is ludicrous at best.

Study this page http://www.toptips.com/debt_history.htm the trends and the years when who was President. This is why people like John fascinate men with their brainless Jibs.

See if you can find the Clinton Surpluss.

The wonderful thing about that chart is how each years debt just disappears. It's government stupid, they aren't in it for a profit. We make money,gov. taxes it and then spends it. what else is it for.

Red face

It doesn't disappear Numb Nuts. Some one should put a net over you. Or get you into rehab

Yea it does, explain why you only here about deficits in the year they are created. and quit flopping around, get one one side or the other.

Originally posted by acmanko
    Yea it does, explain why you only here about deficits in the year they are created. and quit flopping around, get one one side or the other.

Well!! one good reason is because that's how the books are handled, deficits are fiscal, and then carried over with any increase to the next fiscal yr.
    A deficit is not truly created in one year, it is an ongoing process.
    The main reason for increases is the cost of goods and services, the services that we demand from our government.

Originally posted by Jamesgang 3528
    Study this page http://www.toptips.com/debt_history.htm the trends and the years when who was President. This is why people like John fascinate men with their brainless Jibs.

What's this?
    William J. Clinton

During the administration of William Jefferson Clinton, the U.S. enjoyed more peace and economic well being than at any time in its history. He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history, dropping crime rates in many places, and reduced welfare roles. He proposed the first balanced budget in decades and achieved a budget surplus.

What's this?
    William J. Clinton

During the administration of William Jefferson Clinton, the U.S. enjoyed more peace and economic well being than at any time in its history. He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history, dropping crime rates in many places, and reduced welfare roles. He proposed the first balanced budget in decades and achieved a budget surplus.
    Your Nucking Futs! PEACE? USS COLE, WAKO, BOSNIA,BLACK HAWK DOWN,SAME UNEMPLOYMENT RATE AS NOW. HIGHEST HOUSING STARTS IN 25 YEARS UNDER BUSH.

You are a liar or either stupid. Take your pick.

[Edited by James 3528 on 08-22-2004 at 04:54 PM]

What's this?
    William J. Clinton

================================================== =========

There were a large number of "self-employeds" who were the so-called "dot-commers". All that turned out to be was a bunch of paper movers who made a ton of money in a very short period of time, causing the cost of living to go sky-high. When all the paper moving came to where the rubber hits the road, there was neither rubber nor road and left a whole lot of people with a huge debt and no job. It was a false economy (thank ya, Slick Willie!).

BTW, execs at Enron took the hint and did the same thing, corruption following corruption...business following White House leadership. (thank ya, Slick Willie!)
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

What's this?
    William J. Clinton

All at the cost of the military and intelligence agencies that you curse now for not doing their jobs.
    Now look where we are, trying to recover from the mishaps of Clinton.

Trying to recover? 3 steps back and 1 step forward means we are losing ground. Down with the pinko commie Bu****es. Ever wonder whe the commies of Russia and china are called Reds, just as the Red for republicans. both the same . power mongering, trickle down bastards.

Manko

I thought you voted in Mexico!! You have no green card hombre'.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast