Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    In 2000 I really didn't care who became president but I voted for President Bush because I like the Republican policies better.

This election I will be voting for President Bush because despite some seemingly wrong moves he did something and he did it with deliberation.

We have military personnel all over the globe right now and I don't see President Bush lessening their support as Clinton did in Somalia. I can see another Democrat, especially one whose convictions blow in the direction of the political wind, doing just that to our people in Iraq, Afghanistan and other hot spots in the world.

President Bush may not be one of the common folk, none of these leaders are, but President Bush strikes me as the kind of leader that will stay with the last American in the last conflict despite what it may do to his political career.

I don't trust that Kerry will be faithful to America other than what will get him in the best position in the polls. Kerry has been a professional politician all of his working life. Even his short time in the military, which Kerry opposed before joining, Kerry used to better his political career. I just don't trust the man. He has not convinced me that he has any convictions other than to better his position in life.

I also just don't want to have to hear our president bad mouthing our military personnel again. I can just visualize Kerry in another year spouting off about how our military personnel did nothing but commit criminal acts of torture and degradation to those poor Afghans and Iraqis who never did anything to us.

Be just my luck Kerry would become president, get assasinated for being such an ass, become another JFK martyr and give me two eternal flames to have to put out by peeing on one day.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    In 2000 I really didn't care who became president but I voted for President Bush because I like the Republican policies better.

This election I will be voting for President Bush because despite some seemingly wrong moves he did something and he did it with deliberation.

We have military personnel all over the globe right now and I don't see President Bush lessening their support as Clinton did in Somalia. I can see another Democrat, especially one whose convictions blow in the direction of the political wind, doing just that to our people in Iraq, Afghanistan and other hot spots in the world.

President Bush may not be one of the common folk, none of these leaders are, but President Bush strikes me as the kind of leader that will stay with the last American in the last conflict despite what it may do to his political career.

I don't trust that Kerry will be faithful to America other than what will get him in the best position in the polls. Kerry has been a professional politician all of his working life. Even his short time in the military, which Kerry opposed before joining, Kerry used to better his political career. I just don't trust the man. He has not convinced me that he has any convictions other than to better his position in life.

I also just don't want to have to hear our president bad mouthing our military personnel again. I can just visualize Kerry in another year spouting off about how our military personnel did nothing but commit criminal acts of torture and degradation to those poor Afghans and Iraqis who never did anything to us.

Be just my luck Kerry would become president, get assasinated for being such an ass, become another JFK martyr and give me two eternal flames to have to put out by peeing on one day.
    ================================================== =========

And if anything ever happened to Kerry, Forrest Gump would be President!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Yeah Bush has made some mistakes...but pulling 70,000 troops out of Europe was a great move.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Yeah Bush has made some mistakes...but pulling 70,000 troops out of Europe was a great move.
    Yeah, great move. He'll need them to replenish the troops in Iraq since I doubt any troops that have served there will actually re-enlist. I'll bet there is a mass exodus from the armed services right now. Iraq - what a mess! Smooth move, Georgie the idiot.

Hey motormouth

He'll just draft your sorry a$$!!

Originally posted by motorboy1
    Yeah, great move. He'll need them to replenish the troops in Iraq since I doubt any troops that have served there will actually re-enlist. I'll bet there is a mass exodus from the armed services right now. Iraq - what a mess! Smooth move, Georgie the idiot.
    ================================================== ==========

Ooooooooooo! Yeah, they're suffering a mass exodus right now. There are only 3 troops left. They had to close down the Coast Guard and Army because of it. Oooooooooooo!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by motorboy1
    go crawl back into your hole

[QUOTE]Originally posted by James 3528
    [B][QUOTE]Originally posted by i_got_ideas
    Originally posted by duckman373

Do you understand how basically stupid you look?
    His opinion is not stupid, he is entitled to it. This is America right?

Unless of course George bankrupts the country like he did the oil company's he ran.

At least he is giving it some thought on who to vote for rather than voting by the "party".
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Thank you HVAC R US 2............

I don't know where everyone here lives but I know in my state as well as in many other states people are hurting. I have personally witnessed coprerate executives be put out of a job because thier possition went over seas, since it's cheaper to go overseas than stay here. I know of an engineer that worked for a company that closed it's doors that is now working for just over minimum wage. In my town of 8,000 people we have lost nearly 1000 jobs in the last 2 years, that just sucks.
    Our city council sucks, that don't help. FedEx wanted to build in our city, council said no in a closed door meeting, there were death threats made when word got out. People need jobs, NOW...not in 4 more years.
    I believe it was Indiana that was hardest hit though I am not sure. All I do know is that all the tax cuts in the world don't make up for the loss of jobs we've seen. Hard to cash in on a tax cut when your not getting a pay check.
    Now maybe I am ranting but saying I can't speak what I see is hypocritical of you James. You blabble on about more BS on here than anyone else and ofcourse you think you're always right. Come down off that damn pedistal you're ego is on and listen to people, accept that you don't know everything, I know I don't, and I sure as hell know you don't.

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 08-18-2004 at 07:04 PM]
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Bwhahahahaha

change your name to I_got_bad_ideas

yeah and it was all roses when comrade clinton was in office. It wouldn't have anything to do with fact that on 9/11 we suffered a major economic blow would it? Or maybe the fact that we were in an economic downturn at the time of 9/11 and that downturn started before clinton left office? Considering all that we have been thru in the past 12 years I'd say we aren't doing too bad.

Originally posted by i_got_ideas
    All I do know is that all the tax cuts in the world don't make up for the loss of jobs we've seen.
    Who's "we"? The unemployment rate is at a historically good level, even low in some instances. And while tax cuts don't help the jobless directly, it stimulates the economy which in turn creates jobs. Reagan cut taxes yet doubled federal revenues. How in the hell could he cut taxes yet double federal receipts? Because those tax cuts spurred the largest peace time expansion of the economy in history up to that point. In other words: more jobs.

Bush's tax cuts we're pitiful in comparison. They should have been much more. And even if you don't believe in tax cuts, what's the left's brilliant response to spur the economy? Tax increases? More federal regulation? Higher tariffs on imported products? I work in the heat and air business. Bush's dumb ass tariff increases on steel only hurt the economy. Over the last year sheet metal prices have DOUBLED. And they're predicted to go higher still.

Put up or shut up ideas. You can blame Bush all day long for things he has no control over. But it has no relevance to reality. What's your solution? What's Kerry's solution? And what are we solving??? The loss of jobs? Historically the unemployment rate is fine. The loss of skilled jobs to overseas? How are you going to solve that? And how are going to prove that it's even happening?

I got news for you. Tech support positions at Dell are NOT "high tech". Most tech support people are trained script readers. Whatever REAL high tech jobs may be lost to overseas can be blamed at least in part on the government. When simply renting an office in silicon valley would BUY several valleys in India, who can blame them for moving it overseas? All levels of government tax at least HALF of the economy away. When an economy is left with only half of what it produces for itself, things get expensive. Reduce THAT expense and watch the jobs come back to America.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq

Hoorah !!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast