Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Do any of the posters here foresee themselves changing their vote for Bush is we are attacked in the near future?

Like what happened in Madrid, Spain.

THIS is my straw vote.

Still Bush/Cheney
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

anybody but kerry

I will still vote Kerry....

Don't get me wrong, I DO believe Bush is a better war time president but he has screwed the economy SO bad it offsets that. Not to mention I'd rather have used the $200billion we have spent on the war to just build a 20 foot high concrete barrier around our country. We can fight this war against terror on a more domestic level. But since it is underway and there is no turning back we need to internationalize the effort. And...when all is said and done we need to take back the money we invested from thier oil profits, who cares what the other countries say, we souldn't have to pay for it all.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

How can you say Bush screwed the economy? The recession started in early '01 and only got worse due to 9/11. right now we have the same economy tha Bubba ran on in '96. I can personally say my life is much better now than it was 4 years ago.

Originally posted by duckman373
    How can you say Bush screwed the economy?
    The stock market maybe fine but the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people out of jobs can't afford stocks.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Originally posted by i_got_ideas
    The stock market maybe fine but the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people out of jobs can't afford stocks.
    What does owning stocks have to do with working. You don't have to have stocks to work.

The unemployment rate is somewhere near 6%. Do you understand how basically stupid you look?

I'll bet you still are only making $16 an hour huh?

Senior Tech Guest
    Just a thought, and not directed at any one person...

Doesn't it seem like we have a multitude of people who seem to blame their own ineptness on politics or politicians? Granted, I'm a middle-aged white male, but I have yet to have any thing I've been determined to accomplish slip from my grasp. If I want it, put my heart in it...I usually get it. And quite frankly, the economy has not been something that has affected me drastically one way or the other for several years. $2.00 for a gallon of gas, $3.00 for a gallon of milk....if these are the biggest problems I have to worry about...bring it on.

We saw bussiness in general decline during the last 6 months of clinton's term. 9/11 deidn't help. Going great now, having trouble getting good help! I don't mind working hard paying a lot of taxes but wish it was appretiated! I like George and Lora as people. He could be smoother but?

Originally posted by senior tech
    Doesn't it seem like we have a multitude of people who seem to blame their own ineptness on politics or politicians?
    Exactly my friend. DEPENDENT people and people that only want to feel good about themselves(do gooders) ARE the Democratic base. Only problem is they are all too willing to spend my money to feel good about themselves.

I do not need government programs in order to be charitable.

I want little or no government in my life whether it be town, state or federal.

I can take care of myself. And I am perfectly capable of making decisions concerning my finances. I dont need "government" to help me spend it. Sheeeeeesshhhh!!!!

BUSH/CHENEY 2004 no matter what happens.

kerry/edwards are a couple of proven frauds the only reason anyone supports them is out of hatred of Bush.
    I wish Bush would do more the seal the borders but kerry would do a far worse job. He has no plan and no vision, which is par the course for a democrat now days. All they can do is complain they have no real solutions. For all of you who think Kerry will magically bring the french into our camp you should realize the french have been against us since the 50s and nothing has changed yet. The US economy is doing pretty well considering the massive hit we took on 9/11 and the restructuring of the government that was necessary to combat terrorism. It's better that we are in Iraq fighting terrorists and drawing more there to die than if we were fighting them here on our own soil. Take a look at Israel that is what America will look like if we do not fight the war on terror. Al Queda doesn't care wether you are a republicrat or a democan they want to kill you anyway they can. The war on terror is the single most important issue in this campaign. Kerry has already proved himself to be an unreliable Naval Officer and Senator. What makes you think he'd do any better as commander in chief?

Bush is a better war time president but he has screwed the economy SO bad it offsets that.
    Yeah, everyone knows that tax cuts are bad for the economy. Nothing helps an economy out more that massive tax increases and even bigger government. Mind you, Bush has increased the federal budget massively. But not enough! Kerry would no doubt try to socialize health care again. The more the government runs the better. Just look at that island paradise Cuba. Or even better, take a look at the heavily socialized economy of France. Those government controlled economies have smoked us bad.

Originally posted by woods mech
    kerry/edwards are a couple of proven frauds the only reason anyone supports them is out of hatred of Bush.
    That is very true. I have yet to ask a Kerry Edwards supporter why they are voting for these two without getting the anyone but Bush rhetoric.

Weird isn't it? It is more like a cult movement or neurotic fad to hate Bush. Very strange people.

I couldn't stand the Clintons. But I certainly did not have an unmitigated hatred for them.

Bush haters=very strange people.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast