Will the true church be persecuted in America in the future? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by woods mech
    GOD is calling his people out of the perverted churches because we are living in the end times.
    Very well put and to the point! Jesus is sounding a warning today for those who have fallen away from the faith: to those who have found a false security in carnal doctrines, and to those who have built their own tower into heaven upon foundations of sand. " Behold, I stand at the door (of the churches) and knock (with the Spirit of God); if anyone hears my voice (Word) and opens the door, I will come into him and he with me". Jesus is speaking to the people in fallen-away churches who are without discipline and reproof from the Holy Spirit. They build huge buildings with God's money and neglect the poor and persecuted church. They make merchandise of God's people instead of true disciples. They send their children to un-Godly public schools who teach them that there is no God. They send their wives into the marketplace instead of being a "keeper of the home" as commanded in scripture. They appoint marketers in the puplpit rather than holy men of God who hate "filthy lucre".
    They tell the people to say some words for salvation without commanding them to repent for the kingdom of God is here. I can go on and on but I will stop because I am being convicted about my walk with Jesus as I type this.

Revelation 3:14-22

This is the letter to the church of Laodicea of which the antetype is the church of today. This is the message from Christ to the modern church. We must listen to what he says. Put aside preconcieved notions and allow the Holy Spirit to speak.

Churches are full of people trying to stay out of Hell where they belong. who needs them.

Originally posted by acmanko
    Churches are full of people trying to stay out of Hell where they belong. who needs them.
    You are somewhat correct but you still must be "born again", Jesus said so. You don't have to mingle with false christians in a building on Sunday AM but you do need to fellowship with other true belivers, Jesus said so.

JMP,

It has gone astray since around 312 AD when Constantine stopped persecuting the "church" and made christianity a state religion. However as individuals we do not have to be a part of the harlot church seen today.

Where did I state that? Why do you continually put words in my mouth. Please stay with the issues.

did i misunderstand? sorry for my misunderstanding but not for God's word.

did you know that the false churches could not have apostasied! churches to have apostasied had to have the truth at one time, the authority of God; these Johnny come latelies never had the truth.

woods mech,
    It wasn't the H.S. that led them astray. They went astray. The jews went astray also. This is the tendency of man because there is a war going on between Christ and satan and satan is very deceptive. The only way to prevent this is to read the bible and pray continually. Unfortunately many people do not read the bible for themselves. They only listen to what their preacher tells them or they want to follow the traditions of their family. They don't even know that they are living contrary to the teachings of the bible. Satan couldn't beat the early christian church by killing them so he changed tactics and joined the church and perverted it from the inside. He did the same thing to the ancient Jewish religion. GOD is calling his people out of the perverted churches because we are living in the end times.

apostasy of the churches: churches that had the truth at one time.
    even when it did happen, there still were faithful and undefile churches that served the Lord. i'm not talking about flawless churches, men are sinners but Christ is the head of the Church.
    did you ever read about when Elijah was feeling sorry for himself, thinking that there weren't many or if any Jewish folks did worship the LORD God. How the Lord told him that there were 7000 of believers that did not bowed down to the false gods/religion of their time.
    God also has his assembly of believers that have not bowed down to false doctrines during the Church dispensation.
    God is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,...Jude.24
    Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perfom it until the day of Jesus Christ:...Phil.1:6
    God is Able!

acmanko

did you know that God knows we can't have a perfect church, but we can have a biblical church!

[Edited by arc8 on 08-23-2004 at 03:15 PM]

Originally posted by arc8
    [B]JMP,

[
    did you know that God knows we can't have a perfect church, but we can have a biblical church!

[Edited by arc8 on 08-23-2004 at 03:15 PM]
    Excellent point! The word perfect in the Greek means COMPLETE and we are complete in HIM. If we were perfect we the Lord wouldn't have need to tell us to REPENT. Question:
    What should the "church" look like and what should it be doing?

Go see the Vatican and your question will be answered

Hey Mankow

No comprendre' el hombre.

convert, be a catholic, then you would not have to waste your time trying to discern the mysteries of Christ, his death, ressurection and return at the end of the world. Repent. Hombre'. comprende

Originally posted by acmanko
    convert, be a catholic, then you would not have to waste your time trying to discern the mysteries of Christ, his death, ressurection and return at the end of the world. Repent. Hombre'. comprende
    ================================================== =========

Yep. You could go to hell fat, dumb, and happy.

Well...fat and dumb, at least.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

really, why do you care? seeing you really don't believe.

You don't know what I believe. Your just an Idiot who believes what he reads.

wow!

You don't know what I believe. Your just an Idiot who believes what he reads.

it's obvious what you think.
    what kind of service tech are you?
    probably one who doesn't care in learning the trade seeing that you are not educated.
    like you said, your an idiot who believes what he reads!
    seeing now that HVAC books or any educational information is not very important due to not believing what you read.
    i don't think that you are going to be successful in the way you think. just an observation or constructive criticism of your thinking.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast