Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Hybrid View

The true church ( one who has come out of the world and is living a seperated life for the Lord)has always been persecuted since the Lord departed from earth. Persecution is rampant in countries like China,Vietnam,Pakistan,Sudan,etc. I wonder if persecution will come to America and by whom. Any feedback?

Persecution comes in many forms and to many degrees. Scripture is not specific but says that the church will be persecuted. We have been very fortunate here but as a nation, we are moving away from God.

I believe that very soon, church persecution will be the norm in America.

But that's cool. By the grace of God, we can handle it. But that doesn't mean I personally will go down without a fight. I guess I've been pretty clear on that in some of my posts.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

you mean the right-wing christians have not been bashed, rediculed, hated, etc... yet?

watch out, can a preacher say that sodomy is sin and not be in danger of a hate crime?

can good christians not spank their children without the state taking them away?

why are many preachers afraid of publicly telling their congregation how to vote without the government imposing the IRS on them?

is it right for Ceasar to tax the churches and ministers of God?

Anyway, here's a question, What is the True Church?
    any guesses. Please don't assume, do some reseach.

here's some thought; is the local church universal? is the local church invisible? is the Church the Kingdom of God or in the Kingdom of God?

I bet one of these days, that the missionaries will be coming to America from other countries seeing that America is going pagan. Then in what country will God's blessing be in?

anyway just a thought.

Originally posted by arc8

Anyway, here's a question, What is the True Church?
    any guesses. Please don't assume, do some reseach.

here's some thought; is the local church universal? is the local church invisible? is the Church the Kingdom of God or in the Kingdom of God?

The word "church" is not found in the Bible. King James scholors transliterated the word EKLISIA in the Greek to the Latin word CHURCH meaning a building probably due to the hiearchial,top down govt't, in the local "church" in that day (Nicloation spirit Rev 2). The EKLISIA is the "called out ones" refering to people who have repented of their sins and turned to Jesus to be in covenant with HIM by the blood of the Lamb. These people are known as Christians and are fellowshipping with like minded folk thru out the world. Just because you go to a building on Sunday doesn't make you the TRUE CHURCH.

Please don't assume, do some reseach.

why?

here we go again.

the word "church" found in the Word of God is always translated from the Greek word "ekklesia."
    Ekklesia means a "called out group of people, an assembly, together." Jesus used the word "ekklesia" or "church" 23 times. He refers to a particular assembly in a particular place. The Scriptures never in any way speak of a mystical, universal, invisible church or body of Christ.
    Do you remember in the book of Acts when Paul was in Macedonia that there was a stir among the folks because of their false god, Diana, that many of the merchants gather together in a assembly, yeah that's right, an assembly, which translated from the Greek word ekklesia; a called out group of people.

is this hard to get?

The Great commission, who was it given to? was it to a generation that wouldn't live longer than a hundred years at best?

this is as simple as it gets.

This should be easy, but folks refuse to do any study, we are just lazy!
    we are all assuming. but this is human nature, so i will forgive them and anyone up to 77 times.

Thanks for all your patients with me. Somethings i can not stand for. i will uphold and protect God's word and the Church of Jesus Christ, one of his Mysteries.

Originally posted by arc8
    Please don't assume, do some reseach.

Do you remember in the book of Acts when Paul was in Macedonia that there was a stir among the folks because of their false god, Diana, that many of the merchants gather together in a assembly, yeah that's right, an assembly, which translated from the Greek word ekklesia; a called out group of people.
    True believers are "called out" of the world from a life of selfish sin into His his life of sacrificial living for Him.
    Believers do gather together from "house to house" along with others who are in covenant with Him. When the assembly got together they usually discussed the law just as we discuss the Word. We all share not just the CEO pastor (Cor:14) in the gathering.

If the dumbocrats gain office

We will suffer a lot more persecutions. Laws like not being able to speak out against abortion and homosexuality will be put on the books.

Christians, Our nation/way of life/society is more open to whatever religious beleifs you may choose than most before or after us will experience.

Stop crying that you are being persucuted. You are not!!! Americans will not be in your lifetime. If you feel you are being persucuted, I expect you are most likely arrogantly expressing you views and becoming offended when they aren't accepted as "truth".

True believers are "called out" of the world from a life of selfish sin into His his life of sacrificial living for Him.

this "called out" you are referring to for christians is termed "to set apart"; holiness unto the Lord, a separated life, set apart for God from the world, not ekklesia. Look up santification, saints, holy, holiness; you would see the meaning "to set apart unto God".

Ekklesia is always used as an assembly, whether it be of God or of this world, but it always meant for a group of people to assemble publically in a public gathering.

Believers do gather together from "house to house" along with others who are in covenant with Him. When the assembly got together they usually discussed the law just as we discuss the Word. We all share not just the CEO pastor (Cor:14) in the gathering.

Haven't you read the New Testament, most of the epistles, if not all, were written to the churches! not to individuals.
    The book of Acts, was about beginnings of the first churches. The book of Romans was written to the Church in Rome. The Epistle to the Corinthians was written to the Church in Corinth. The Epistle to the Galatians was written unto the churches of Galatia.
    Shall I go on. Need I tell you more. There's not enough time to show you more.
    All I can say, it takes time to study, and the more we do, the more we understand the mind of Christ.

Christians, Our nation/way of life/society is more open to whatever religious beleifs you may choose than most before or after us will experience.

is it for the better?
    i hope that we fundamentalist (someone who believes in the Word of God as the final authority) won't be persecuted and let the false religious leaders subjugate us.

the government is one thing, but persecution from the religious crowd is another, this is far worst!

Stop crying that you are being persucuted. You are not!!! Americans will not be in your lifetime. If you feel you are being persucuted, I expect you are most likely arrogantly expressing you views and becoming offended when they aren't accepted as "truth".

so if i were to say that "the tradition of your fathers" was wrong to the religious leaders of our time, would i not be a blot to them? if i became vocal would they not weaken me?

what is persecution? is it someone stopping you from doing right according to your conscience sake? is it someone trying to kill you? is it someone trying to break your arm if you don't not obey? are they just bothering you because you are weird? you know a bible believer.

Maybe we are just ridiculed, not persecuted yet.

Re: If the dumbocrats gain office

Originally posted by rob10
    We will suffer a lot more persecutions. Laws like not being able to speak out against abortion and homosexuality will be put on the books.
    I agree. This is emotional persecution which will lead to physical persecution later on probably within the next say 20 years. Prepare your children now for the future.

Re: If the dumbocrats gain office

Originally posted by rob10
    I'd support anyone who would shut up all the right-wing religious nuts. Bring on the dumbocrats.

Post Marvel Not, My Brethren, if the World Hate You

The world hated Jesus before the world hated you (Jn 15:18).
    '
    If they (the religious hypocrites) persecuted Jesus, they will persecute you (and blessed are you when men revile you!) Jn. 15:20; Matt. 5:10
    '
    We (the true church) must through much tribulation enter into the Kingdom of God (Acts 14:22).
    '
    And we love not our lives unto the death (Rev. 12:11).
    '
    We are cast down, but not forsaken (II Cor. 4:8-9).
    '

All that WILL live godly in Christ Jesus SHALL suffer persecution (II Tim. 3:12).
    '
    Judgment must ( M U S T ) begin at the house of God (I Pet. 4:17).
    '
    so, ATTS (A-ccording T-o T-he S-criptures), the true church has been persecuted by the false church since Cain murdered Abel.
    '
    Which begs the question: How do I know I am a member of the true church?
    "Whom the LORD loveth, He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth" (Hebrews 12:6).
    '
    and
    '
    "...Let every man that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity" (II Tim. 2:19).

Re: Marvel Not, My Brethren, if the World Hate You

Excellent scriptures which drives home the idea that the true church suffers daily, maybe not physically as in other nations but emotionally ands spiritually. Paul said that we are to "die daily" to our will and flesh(lower nature). This is not taught today for the most part by the Nicolatian, 501c3, local "church" today. Not all but most teachers are preaching another Jesus a "feel good", selfish gospel which are creating a false peace and safetym message.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast