Out of the political process, whether it's money or celebs they don't belong in the election process.

They shouldn't be allowed to contribute or voice their opinions in the media.

They don't belong!!

Neither of them represent the working or middle class who I think make up the majority.

are you saying that other americans dont have the right to say what they think ????hmmm. well i dont agree with alot of what i hear but i dont see any reason the rights of free speach should be limited to the poor or middle class. and if its the form that their using to voice their opinion well remember your tv and radio have an off button, and you dont have to read the paper. not trying to be a jerk but i dont think censorship is right.

hey d

I wasn't saying censorship.

I am saying the celebs have too much access to the media and the stu'nods listen to what they have to say and are influenced , as if they [the celebs] know anything more than the average american.

And the independently wealthy should be held to what they can contribute

Senior Tech Guest
    Not saying censorship...just discrimination...limiting ones ability to voice their opinion is totally wrong. Rich, poor, famous, not famous, black, white...we all have the right to voice our opinions, to those that are influenced by what they have to say...that's a personal choice and their right to make that choice is protected. And I dare to say that although wealthy, I believe that they probably worked just as hard as the rest of us to get what they have...They don't belong...what a discrimatory statement to make...

I don't mean to come down hard,but to get "big money and celebs out of politics" is a rediculous statement.

politics is the game run for "big money".always has.
    and a person that is known nationwide or even locally ,which is what makes a person "electable",IS a celebrity.(do you mean "hollywood celebrity",like reagan?)

foreign policy is for the major economic intrests,trade policy/monetary policy is for the economic elites.even local decisions in your state or municipality is for the major economic intrests in that area.

that whole power to the people stuff,is the thorn in the side of those people appealing to the rich and famous.they give lipservice to the "people",while they serve the rich,to get ahead and raise funds to run again.

the council on foreign relations is a group that exemplifies that.

in a free country people get to say what they want,but the authoratative advice that is followed comes from those "in the know".because the people are too divided by bickering and propaganda to actually have a consensus,or know what it is they need to do.nevermind,actually come together and do anything about it.

the council members;jay rockefeller,lee hamilton,john lehman tell us about 9-11 and that
    the council members;james schlesinger,harold brown tell us about abu grahib
    the council members,dick cheney,colin powell,condi rice,don rumsfeld,paul wolfowitz,george tenet,elaine chao,william donaldson,doug feith,robert zoellick,john negroponte,richard perle,james woolsey,tell us about Iraq.
    the council members;bill clinton,joe lieberman,bob graham,dick gephardt,bill richardson,wesley clark,john kerry,roger altman,dick thornburgh, jimmy carter,zbignew bryzinski; tell us about democrats.
    council members like george HW bush,george will,james baker....on and on;

the people are told what to think by "big money and celebrities"
    where would we be without them?besides better off.

wouldn't it be cool if we didn't have to have 5,000 people to tell us how to live ?
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Allright allright

damn I didn't want to be discrimatory{sic}

Originally posted by senior tech
    Not saying censorship...just discrimination...limiting ones ability to voice their opinion i88888888888885s totally wrong. Rich, poor, famous, not famous, black, white...we all have the right to voice our opinions, to those that are influenced by what they have to say...that's a personal choice and their right to make that choice is protected. And I dare to say that although wealthy, I believe that they probably worked just as hard as the rest of us to get what they have...They don't belong...what a discrimatory statement to make...
    I don't think they[rich or famous] should get as much FREE press as they do because of who they are, or how much money they have.

And the rich dudes should be held to contributing a specific dollar amount--

[Edited by pjs on 08-24-2004 at 11:44 PM]

Senior Tech Guest
    Soooooooory...discriminatory

Hey senior

no problem I couldn't spell it last nite either tooo much wad'ca so I copied and pasted your's and went {sic}.

now I'm the one that's sorry