+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for help

Post Likes
    Hello all.
    I have been reading here at HVAC-Talk for about 2 years.I was in the Environmental/Petroleum field for 16 years when a family member got sick and I needed to stop traveling.So a friend of mine got me started doing some local maint.work for him and he notice I was learning hvac as well as other duties quick.So I got my universal certificate and did a few installs and some service work and at this time he informed me that the company that was giving us the work needed to cut back, well there was just Him and I.I have been working for a national company that does commercial HVAC And Refrigeration and I have been with them for 1.5 years.They also do alot of hot side work for large sized Resturants and the like.Since I catch on to new equipment and know safety controls they have been useing me on mostly hot side The office that i'm working out of caint keep techs due to hot side so I feel if I stay here I will always be on hot side.Because it has become 75% of or business here in the last few months.I am greatful for the job and make good money,but I dont want to do hot side all the time.I am getting good at HVAC/R and want to get better.So I'm looking for work in Columbus Ohio area with 2 years experience and universal cert.CEFESA ele. certified.Sorry so long thought I needed to exsplain.

[Edited by teaco on 08-13-2004 at 08:43 AM]

Post Likes
    DOES ANYONE KNOW OF COMPANIES IN COLUMBUS,OHIO THAT ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE IN THE FIELD FOR A LITTLE OVER 2 YEARS.MOST OF THE WORK HAS BEEN COMMERCIAL. danteaco@aol.com

[Edited by teaco on 08-19-2004 at 07:35 PM]

Post Likes

Company

I interviewed for a union shop based in Dayton, Ohio but they work alot in Columbus and Cleveland. The name of the company is C J Mechanical. The owners name is Joe. He seemed like a good guy to work for to me. The pay and benifits were good. He has been looking for help about 4-6 weeks. Wanted me to start right away. I didn't think it was a good match for me as I am 45 years old and don't relish the thought of running up and down ladders the rest of my life. Give him a call. His phone number is 937-572-5844. Give him a call he may still be looking. Jeff

Post Likes
    JEFF,
    THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION,I FEEL WITH A LITTLE OVER TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE THAT JOB MAY BE OUT OF MY REACH.LOOKING AT YOUR HISTORY IN THE TRADE I DONT COMPARE.I'M NOT IN THE UNION AND I DONT KNOW IF THAT WOULD HURT OR NOT.I DO HOWEVER APPRECIATE THE INFO. THANKS DAN

Post Likes
    I don't know about that if you have any refrigeration experience. One of the best things about working in the union is continuing education. Any time you can gain knowledge as a part of the program it is a good thing. It is paid as part of your dues. Anyway good luck in youre hunt. Jeff

Post Likes

Cool EMPLOYMENT IN OHIO

MY BROTHER HAS A COMPANY IN OHIO AND IS LOOKING FOR GOOD EMPLOYEES/ OR HE"D KNOW THE TOP COMPANIES THAT WOULD PAY GOOD AND ALSO BE WORTH WORKING FOR. EMAIL ME AT TROUP32@HOTMAIL.COM FOR FURTHER INFO.... DIANE

Post Likes

I did e-mail for info on brothers company

Diane, I e-mailed you for info a while back did you not recieve my e-mail. Thanks

[Edited by teaco on 09-09-2004 at 01:05 AM]

Post Likes

Confused

sorry... i didnt get it but pls try again or call me in the eve. were in hurricane territory so i havent had my e-mail..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in