Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Propane-Powered Air-Conditioning Units

Can someone direct me to any company in the United States that is selling propane-powered air-conditioning units? I live in Cozumel, MX where the cost of electricity continues to be cost prohibitive when it comes to using electrical air-conditioning units.

I think Robur makes one that can do heating, cooling and domestic hot water.

Robur's cooling units are VERY expensive to use here on natural gas, I'd hate to price it on LP. How much is your electricity per kwh?

There is a cio.called Kool Fire that bhad a unit like that but I don't know anything about them.

Cool LP Gas

Quote Originally Posted by badtlc View Post
    I think Robur makes one that can do heating, cooling and domestic hot water.
    I checked with Servel-Robur and they don't manufacture them anymore. Normally I pay around fifty dollars every two months, but the electric company jacks up the rate in summer to suck the pesos out of us - the prices affect ex-patriots here in Cozumel more than the locals.

I pay twice to three times as much during the summer. I don't want to pay them and will go to any lengths to deny them that money.

Cool LP Gas

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Robur's cooling units are VERY expensive to use here on natural gas, I'd hate to price it on LP. How much is your electricity per kwh?
    I haven't been told that they don't manufacture gas-powered air condition units anymore.

Cool LP Gas

Quote Originally Posted by REP View Post
    There is a cio.called Kool Fire that bhad a unit like that but I don't know anything about them.
    I will check that one out and let you know if it is a good source. Thanks!

I just got back from cosumel a few months ago, I stayed at the EL CANTILL.
    I like it there, i speak spanish.
    BIGBIRD

Next time that you are in the area... stop by. You can reach me from here!

Quote Originally Posted by rodnacious View Post
    I checked with Servel-Robur and they don't manufacture them anymore. Normally I pay around fifty dollars every two months, but the electric company jacks up the rate in summer to suck the pesos out of us - the prices affect ex-patriots here in Cozumel more than the locals.

I pay twice to three times as much during the summer. I don't want to pay them and will go to any lengths to deny them that money.
    $50 every 2 months? And you're *****ing. I realize Mexico is a 3rd world country that everybody wants to leave to make minimum wage here. I pay $50 a week. It seems as if you have the $$$ to buy a propane a/c that you are probably fine paying $25/month with a lot less hassle. That or propane is really cheap. Here it isn't so cheap.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

You are very lucky to live there, my wife and I have been there twice and had a blast both times. Very nice island.

Cool Propane Air Conditioning

I saw your post and here is a thought Crazy yes but it's what my Grandfather did and worked very well.

My Grandfather was one of those very smart people that was on the edge of being insane.

He one day got pissed at the electric company and wanted to get off the grid This was before it was popualor to be green mid 70's For A/C he toke a cooler off a tractor trailer that ran off propane and mounted it on the back of the garage than ducted it the house He used some kind of a zoning system with the ducts to control temp in differant rooms I was a kid so don't know more than that. I know it worked well I remember visting and how nice and cool it was inside vs out This was in Waco Texas. Just a thought best of luck

Wrong info on LP A/C

I just spoke to my Dad he said the A/C unit was from a Train car not a tractor trailer. I think they might be similar but just wanted corrert that

Your lucky to be living there I love it down there. I try to get there once a year to go fishing missed it this year. Keith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast