Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unless condeser is in an ambient cotrolled ambient out doors, a low preessure control will not give adequet results.

Originally posted by psmurf
    take out tstat and replace with lo press control. set it at 37#to 40# cut in and about 61# cut outto start. then measure box temp to fine tune press control. be sure to set cut in high enough to defrost coil. this takes some time but it works. i have done this many times with great sucess

good luck
    i asked in the topic i started about the LPC settings i have it at 32CO and 64CI, that i got from a frefrigerant table the yellow laminated card by alco controls, why did someone say to set the cutout at 5 and cut in at 25, maybe he didnt see it was R22

but did you take the discharge line off of the txv and inspect the screen when you evacuated the system

Unless condeser is in an ambient cotrolled ambient out doors, a low preessure control will not give adequet results.

Post 9: backward but OK if condenser is indoors, otherwise, is there pump down?

prestiege

i asked in the topic i started about the LPC settings i have it at 32CO and 64CI, that i got from a frefrigerant table the yellow laminated card by alco controls, why did someone say to set the cutout at 5 and cut in at 25, maybe he didnt see it was R22

LPC set at 5lbs in and 25lb out is for LLV (pump down, not temp/pressure control)

I think you were peeking at another post

32lbs cut out w/ R-22 = 10* too low!

powt 14 Info comes from copeland engeneering manuals,basic refri( not trying to be ruud), Maintain minimum superhaet to maintain minimum discharge temp, to be > ? temp. Can't rem exactt #

i believe i misled you when i stated i had removed the freon...what i meant is i blew it back into a recover cylinder straight from manifold until i began to see the sight glass half empty. then i began adding freon until the sight glass just was full. i do apoligise for my misleading u to what i had done...i also failed to mention that the unti also has a lpc however i did not pay attention to what they were set at(i was trying to figure out why i felt as if i could not get the superheat right) i was taking my line temp readings from 6" away from the compressor as recommended by copeland in their faq section; here is there exact quote from that page (Superheat at the compressor should be checked at the compressor only. Take the suction pressure at the service valve and convert it to saturation temperature. Compare this to the actual temperature obtained approximately six inches out on the suction line.)

i will check the lpc settings and once again see if i can find anymore #'s on the txv, tomorrow when i return to finish
    However going by the method that copeland says for checking the superheat i still do not understand why i cant get the superheat down anymore?Ώ

on another note:i found this particular and very useful site while looking for answers to my dilemma that may be helpful to everyone if you havent already seen it
    http://www.brainerdcompressor.com/tech_data.htm

serviceguy

OK...OK...OK...

enough, No way on the LPC for a thermostat on a walk in cooler, OK guys...

serviceguy... your head is low and your suction is about right. Don't use the TXV as a pressure adjustment. It will do that for you. If in doubt, put it in the middle and let it ride. Your valve is a solder type (K) med temp(43) with a C head (R-22).

Your superheat at the TXV on a med temp box will run between 8* to 12*. Some like it between 5* and 8*. Take your superheat temp at or very near the TXV bulb only. You are trying to get a 20* coil temp to give you 30* outlet for 10* delta T...

What is not comming up in this post is this, When you have an R-22 walk in you MUST use a defrost time clock for off cycle with fans on during defrost. Set clock at either 2 x 30 @ 12 - 12 or I like 4 x 30 a day.

R-22 will frost a coil quicker than you can blink. It must have off cycle. That is why it runs great for a day or so then frosts then ices a week later. If anyone tells you different.... don't listen.

Welcome to the neighborhood

[Edited by lusker on 08-12-2004 at 10:21 PM]

Time clock set to 4 @ 40 is even better if the door gets left open alot.

I think you first need to buy a 8045-20 paragon.

Bohn (Heatcraft) has an installation manual that comes with every unit or coil (H-IM-64J). It recommends 30 to 45 super heat at compressor, Copeland mandates minimum of 20. Most throw this manual away. Suggest keeping it, is has a wealth of info on service and installation. If you don't have one ask a Bohn Distr for one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12