Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Any politician that votes to increase the federal government is not a conservative. I would just like one chance in my lifetime to vote for a conservative politician.
    The republicans have been in charge for almost 10 years now and still welfare spending is increasing. Does not look like a liberal issue to me. Looks like more pork barrel politics. I hope that somebody with some cuhonas will get up there and take money away from welfare to support SS before it is too late.

Taxes can be decreased only if spending is decreased by as much. We can't have both.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Originally posted by kim
    Any politician that votes to increase the federal government is not a conservative. I would just like one chance in my lifetime to vote for a conservative politician.
    The republicans have been in charge for almost 10 years now and still welfare spending is increasing. Does not look like a liberal issue to me. Looks like more pork barrel politics. I hope that somebody with some cuhonas will get up there and take money away from welfare to support SS before it is too late.

Taxes can be decreased only if spending is decreased by as much. We can't have both.
    ================================================== ==========

I'm with ya on that. When my paycheck is small, my lifestyle drops. Instead of eating out a lot, or grilling staeks, we do the burger & dogs thing or maybe chicken on the grill.

Pols should do the same thing. Revenue goes down by, say 10%, all funding across the board should go down by 10%. Tell the special interest groups to go find something else to do...like maybe a heated game of round ball one Friday evening on I-95.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

"The republicans have been in charge for almost 10 years now"

I Think you need to recount!!

The president is not the whole government. The republicans have had control of both houses of congress. They did not enough control to override a veto, but they could pass any measure they wanted to.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12