Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vane motor switch

Have a vane motor switch open warning after a power failure on a YTG3A4B2-CGJS YORK chiller. I have caught it in the act and have seen the following, it was running fully loaded, had power failure, so i watched PRV actuator, as soon as power resumed actuator closed PRV, and also showed vane motor switch CLOSED but warning could'nt be reset, even in SERVICE. I have to pull the fuse on the control panel (after I see vane motor switch closed) to reset warning and to get chiller back online. Should'nt this be an automatic reset?

What did the Optiview panel say in the upper left corner in the system status bar during this time? Did you turn the rocker switch off and back on after the vms had closed? Are you set up for auto restart after power failure?

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    What did the Optiview panel say in the upper left corner in the system status bar during this time? Did you turn the rocker switch off and back on after the vms had closed? Are you set up for auto restart after power failure?
    Check your set up screen power failure see if it is in auto follow what klove says.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

hey klove, it said vane motor switch open so i went to comp screen and saw vms was actually closed, entered service password and tried to clear message,it said a fault condition still exist, went back to comp screen it said vms still closed, I'm not 100% positive but I'm 99.9% sure I hit the rocker switch, also i looked in manual for auto restart after power failure and could'nt find where the set point actually is.

Status bar doesn't register specific faults, only overall condition of the machine, e.g.; system ready to start, system shutdown, restart inhibit, etc. System details is where the specific fault registers. Auto restart is (if I remember correctly) dip switch 5 on the original microboard, and as 56 said, on the setup screen if you have a new style microboard without dipswitches.

Status says cycling shutdown-auto restart. Details says vms open. Rocker switch will not clear alarm even when I turn swich off and try to clear fault in service. I noticed a relay from bas to terminals 1 & 13, and it is also made. Chiller is setup for auto power failure restart. Still I have to cycle power (with vms closed) for fault to clear and then (not even rocking switch) chiller will begin startup.

Bad microboard or grounding/RFI problem. Run a ground wire from one of the grounding terminals in the micro panel to the support that the panel is mounted on. Predrill the hole in the leg and use a self tapping screw to make the termination. Scrape the paint at the termination. If that don't work, you're probably lookin' at a microprocessor. Might also want to try breaking the 1 to 13 connection to reset it and see what that does. That's a cycling shutdown, vms is a start inhibit.

thanks klove, did try opening circuit between 1 & 13, did'nt work either i will try the new grounding tomorrow, u may have something there as i was watching panel shake while unit was running, scared me but it shook when i turned it off to, it had to be chilled water flow because that was only other thing on.

kudos, or however you spell it, to klove, it was a poor contol panel ground, thanks

i'm having problems with a york centrifugal chiller yk.....the vane motor switch is refusing to close....ive tried moving it on manual, the switch is moving but the screen is still saying start inhibit vane motor switch open....altho it seems to be fully close by just looking at it i tried turning the breaker on then off but no luck......could someone please help i needs to get that system back in function asap thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by kay_say View Post
    i'm having problems with a york centrifugal chiller yk.....the vane motor switch is refusing to close....ive tried moving it on manual, the switch is moving but the screen is still saying start inhibit vane motor switch open....altho it seems to be fully close by just looking at it i tried turning the breaker on then off but no luck......could someone please help i needs to get that system back in function asap thanks...
    How do you know it's refusing to close? Are you reading the input with a meter, or are you taking the panels' word for it?

thanks it turns out the switch was not fully closing....some guys opened it today and a wire was broken, it was reconnected and the switch is working. but there are other problems with the system...today it shutdown on oil variable speed setpoint not achieve, those guys lower the setpoint....then started it back.....the system ran for about 14min then shutdown on high oil temperature, any help on this situation will be greatly appreciated thanks. my email address is kay_sayyy@hotmail.com please give your advice...

Methinks that the "some guys" and "those guys" are going to get someone a compressor rebuild before long. Why in the world would one lower the oil pressure and reduce the flow to an already overheating bearing at 189f?
    We needs a lot more info on whats happening during start to even start to answer the "Failure to meet Setpoint" on the oil pressure. And lastly is the chiller R-22 or 134a?
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast