Back in the Saddle in Seattle Need Work in commercial BLDG

Question

Back in Seattle and ready to get back to work and the phone is not ringing??
    I have tons of experience, work (15 years), schooling....etc..... and seems something is wrong with the job market up here?
    I am from the west coast and have never had a problem getting work here, until now?
    Here is my story, I have a contractors license in California and just completed one in Florida, did all my schooling in S.Cal at Cypress and other practical schools (all very impressive) have worked commercial( CB/Koll) etc, residential, Industrial Refrig (FES), for Corporate and myself. You'd think they would be bang'in my door down, right? NOT!
    I really want to go back to Corporate, want a building etc.... and it seems it is becoming difficult to achieve. Any advice on what these guys might be looking for now days and what I might do to get their attention?
    Any help is much apprieciated....
    Bill

[Edited by wildbill on 08-09-2004 at 11:07 PM]

Bill
    The commercial vacancy rate is very high in the Seattle area and has been for a while. Things don't look much better in the future.

I suggest you open your options by sending out your availability to all the large property managers, if you haven't already done so, and open yourself to commerical, residential field service.

Check out the bullentin boards of all the local supply houses. There are always companies looking for field guys. Good luck.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Not good anywhere is it?

THX DELTA for the advice, I have sent out to almost all the PM's in the area. I am ramping up to do another round of faxes to Residential and Commercial service companies, just as soon as I get a list together........
    One Good thing is it has only been less then two weeks since my first Fax went out but, in the old days I would have had 30 offers by now........
    Thx again I will press on
    Bill

Go to Gensco and Thermal in Tacoma and check their boards.

Oh, and don't FAX, stop by and ask for the service managers or building managers again and again until you can meet them fact to face.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Bill , Try Air Systems Engineering in Tacoma. Ask for Candy. I heard they are looking.Full benefits for you and family paid and $25 to $30 an hour.Im pretty sure none of the Union Contractors are looking at this time. Its been pretty rough around here the last couple of years.