A customer has 2 Ruud mod. URGE-270-100CKR units which are useless at present. One unit has 1 circuit restricted, both
    circuits are restricted on the other. I installed a LL filtr
    dryr, and backflushed the distributor and cap tubes w/ nitrogen. I then evaced it, and weighed in 5lbs R-22.
    I then observed 160/10 psi (dischg/suc). I added another lb.
    and pressures remained 160/10. the other units act the same way... coils are clean and airflow ok. My boss can't see how 3 of 4
    circuits are stopped up. Units are 10+ years old. We can't scrap the units,is the only fix ....to replace or rod out the captubes? Also, anyone knoe the correct charge,per circuit?

I dont...

...see how they could be stopped up with those pressures...sounds way undercharged to me

Thanks for reply hoozdis...more info

Before i worked on it,2 other experienced techs said it was restricted. Someone attempted to keep adding refrig. to one of the other circuits that is restricted, i read 345/28 pressures on that one, it is now disabled. When i go back, i plan to recover and weigh the charge out of that one, then cut into the distributor. Ruud used very small,very long cap tubes on this unit, (looks like domestic icebox captube).
    Ruud also used their famous 'disappearing nameplate' on these units too, sunlite ate the numbers off years ago.

You might try getting the numbers off the compressors if they are original. If they are only 10 years old Ruud should be able to tell you the model number according to the compressor. They will have to dig and reverse their search criteria, but it can be done. If you don't have any luck with your local Rudd dealer, post the model and serial numbers here and I'll try my local dealer.
    Def. of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results!!