3 full days before 9/11, I had no birds at my feeders.

As a matter of fact I did not SEE a bird for 3 days.

There was no singing in the morning and no song at night.

And I tell you this from the bottom of my heart, the silence was extremely eerie.

I remember thinking to myself very clearly, where did the birds go? I asked one co worker and she said she noticed the quiet as well.

You may think I am nuts but as I look back upon this scenario, I am almost certain this was Gods way of a warning.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has ever had any kind of an unusual experience such as mine.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

In 1989, oct. friday morning my 2 dogs started running around crazy looking for a place to hide. They did this all day long.AT 5pm we had a 7.3 earthquake.

In May of 2000 it was the hottest friggin day EVER here. You would walk outside and you knew something was wrong. Me, my dad, and the rest of our employees all talked about it. A lady we were finishing a basement for said storms were expected that afternoon, dad said bring 'em on, we wanted some hail damaged roofs and siding to fix.

Within a few hours the sky turned black and I hopped in my truck, me and my brother occasionally chase storms. We got to the edge of town just in time to see an F4 twister heading directly into town. The tornado leveled 3/4 of the city, our population of 8,000 was astonished. The town was a mess and needless to say we had some roofs and siding to do all right. To this day I haven't heard dad use the term "bring it on" ever again.

I didn't pay attention to the birds though nobody was outside. It was too hot. Even dogs were brought inside to get out of the heat, so yes, it was really silent here prior to destruction as well.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Thanks

For the interesting posts. I must admit when I saw bigbird had posted on my "bird" thread I thought, here we go!

When I was living with my future ex inlaws, as I lay in bed in the morning a red cardinal used to keep throwing itself into the bedroom window. I thought that was very unusual.
    Looking back it could have been a warning not to marry into this family.

Another time I was sitting on my couch by the woodstove and a beautiful cardinal was at the window feeder looking in at me. The snow was falling outside and it was a very peaceful situation. Then the phone rang. My doctor told me if I did not stop drinking I would be dead by the time I was forty.

The cardinal stayed and looked in the window as I came to grips with my alcholism.

I think in the Bible it says something about God taking care of the birds, so why should we worry? Or something to that effect.

I`m going to behave my self. Although i saw a vulture yust before my first marriage.

Originally posted by bigbird
    In 1989, oct. friday morning my 2 dogs started running around crazy looking for a place to hide. They did this all day long.AT 5pm we had a 7.3 earthquake.
    Yeah BigBird, but what you forgot to mention is that your dogs do that everyday when they see you coming, ... so do the chickens and the wife.

don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

The wife`s the first one to run away.Thats o`k,my chickens love me.

Thursday, August 12th

There are no birds singing or flying around my home today. I did not pay attention yesterday so I will consider this day one.