Ok, don't laugh too hard but there's a first time for everything.

Y'all know I do primarily residential but I am preparing a bid on a bigger than normal scale.

I know I've read this before but have forgot since I never use it......

The buildings are going to have a heat loss of several hundred thousand btu/h and I need to know the formula for sizing my gas line.

I prefer to use high pressure into the buildings with subregulators but I may have to size it, that is yet unknown.

All I know is either way I would like to know that formula again, and I'll write it down this time .

Thanks in advance.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Better check with Dice first. I think he might have some advice for ya

I gots, is it propane or natural. We do all propane and I have a slide chart that tell us the line size based on the btu requirements.

Natural.....naturally

It's to heat a couple HUGE buildings at a natural gas pumping station so they have all the gas they could ever want...they pump 3.7 billioin cu. ft. per day. It's pretty neat really, they pump natural gas to all of the north central region from eastern Nebraska clear to Michigan, it's fun to do work there. For some reason they aren't really interested in heat pump technology .

It'll either be Reznor hanging heaters or Schwank hanging infared tube heaters, they haven't decided yet. I hope tube heaters. They'll be replacing a boiler with some pretty good sized ceiling mounted Trane hydronic air handlers. There's 3 buildings in all, each 144' x 40'. All are full of overhead doors, huge skylights, and massive ventillation.

As I've said before, it wouldn't be any fun without an occasional challenge.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.