Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frown HELP!!!! Freaking Flies!!!

I sit in my garage and enjoy a "cold beverage or two" and the F--king flies are driving me nuts. I have moved th garbage can, looked for anything dead, cleaned the garage and they will not go away!!! There are two flower beds on either side of the garage door, will they breed in the mulch?? They also disapear at night, were do they go?? I was thinking i could find there lair and attack them while their sleeping LOL. Anybody have any ideas?? Please help before i do something crazy

YES, I have a sloution. that happened to me about a year ago, souldnt shake em ter nothin. Then a neighbor bought me book on hygene, I took a bath , and they left. It wasnt the garbage can afterall.

I was having lunch in Bakersfield CA last week and saw something I've never seen. We sat outside and there were clear plastic bags filled with water hanging up all over the place.

I was told the flies get disoriented by the reflections (they have compound eyes), and can't fly into or near the area.

It's cheap, give it a try. I didn't find a fly in my sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by mike dixon View Post
    YES, I have a sloution. that happened to me about a year ago, souldnt shake em ter nothin. Then a neighbor bought me book on hygene, I took a bath , and they left. It wasnt the garbage can afterall.
    Yes I see were your getting at lol... I will have to try that, so you had a hygene problem and nobody said anyting??

Quote Originally Posted by powell View Post
    I was having lunch in Bakersfield CA last week and saw something I've never seen. We sat outside and there were clear plastic bags filled with water hanging up all over the place.

I was told the flies get disoriented by the reflections (they have compound eyes), and can't fly into or near the area.

It's cheap, give it a try. I didn't find a fly in my sandwich.
    I might have to try that one, I have eard of that and just thought it was bunk, but now thats twice so.... I'll give it a shot thanks

On my suggestion, a customer tried that bag of water thing. She said it made it worse. Maybe its just a trick to see how many people try to hang ziplock baggies with water on the ceiling. How do you hang those things?
    Jason

I use to live with a mulberry shade tree, flies came around by the millions once a year. I put out [sprinkled] yellow granules in a can and it killed them all. In a day. For flies inside, 3 foot tape strips of sticky stuff that peels out of a small canister [great for those f'n fruit flies too].

You cannot buy this at wally-world, go to a feed store or ag related business.

If you are just trying to sit and drink a beer or eat a watermelon, a fan will keep them off of you for the most part.

If you live in the city, you get flies and roaches from neighbors and it matters not what you do. I think cities are disgusting and nasty places. And noisy. But that is just my opinion.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Just a thought:

Crumple up a brown paper bag, blow it up and make it look somewhat like a wasp's nest. Then hang it up near where you want to keep flies away. Flies won't go near wasps nests. It worked really good for us on our porch.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

we have horses and other critters
    the fly bags we use are actually lures and traps
    and they DO WORK
    trust me
    you can get them at any feed store and possibly the box stores
    here is a link if you want to order them
    http://www.horse.com/item/rescue-fly-bag/BUL25/
    If con is the opposite of pro
    is congress the opposite of progress?

Get a couple of these.

Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

We used those fly traps in the barns, when I used to have horses. They do work very well. You can take them down when there full and stick um in your brown bag lunch. Sorta like a snack.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

The trouble with bait traps is they attract exactly what you don't want, more flies (or Japanese beetles if that's the case). If you try the bait/trap thing, place the stations away from where you plan on being. Also, air movement (fans) do help, makes it tuff for the little ba$tards to navigate and fly. Sticky traps are just that, sticky! Combined with a fan and your sweetie's long flowing locks, well, you get the picture!
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast