Thread: Blower problem.

Blower problem.

Hi, I new to the site hope somebody can help me. I have a problem with my HVAC system. the problems its mainly with the blower. When I turn it on . i can heard the compresor turning on but the blower doesnt turn on. It does the same thing eather ac or heater.some time it works perfect all day , but the next day it might not work at all. ( blower).some times it works during the day and then not at all the rest of the day.

Thank You.

There are a few different things that may be causing the problem.
    IOW, There are other components that could cause the motor to fail to run.
    The best thing is to look in the yellow pages and call out one of the companies close to you who can diagnose the problem on site.
    There's a good chance they will have the parts right on their service truck to fix you right up.
    If the unit continues to run when the fan fails to operate, it very possibly could cause more serious damage.
    The problem is that when that happens, there are no safeguards to keep this damage from happening.
    Running the system without the condenser fan running could cause your compressor to fail.
    That would be very expensive.
    Call one of the companies to come out and fix it up for you, they'll be able to troubleshoot the probelm and fix you up.
    Good luck with it!
    The reward for doing a thing well... is to have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by VetNutJim View Post
    There are a few different things that may be causing the problem.
    IOW, There are other components that could cause the motor to fail to run.
    The best thing is to look in the yellow pages and call out one of the companies close to you who can diagnose the problem on site.
    There's a good chance they will have the parts right on their service truck to fix you right up.
    If the unit continues to run when the fan fails to operate, it very possibly could cause more serious damage.
    The problem is that when that happens, there are no safeguards to keep this damage from happening.
    Running the system without the condenser fan running could cause your compressor to fail.
    That would be very expensive.
    Call one of the companies to come out and fix it up for you, they'll be able to troubleshoot the probelm and fix you up.
    Good luck with it!

Thank You. The condenser fan works ok. my problem its the fan that blows the air inside the house. only works some times.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by jaccordero View Post
    Thank You. The condenser fan works ok. my problem its the fan that blows the air inside the house. only works some times.

Thank You
    His advice applies for both the condenser fan and the evaporator fan (Indoor blower).

I would call a professional as soon as possible. With the indoor fan not operating, you can ruin a compressor on pretty short order if you aren't careful.