Question

I am installing a walk in freezer 19,000 BTUS at -10 suction line is 10 feet long with 4 90s + a p-trap line has a 5 ft. vertical rise included in the 10 feet. I was going to use 1 1/8 suction line but now I'm afraid this might be to large. The installation book has 1 1/8 line listed as the maximum suction line size for riser at -10
    18,000 BTUS,Also should the size of pipe be reduced in the riser? Thanks for any help!

You did not say what refrigerant you using.

It would not be a bad idea to reduce to 7/8 for low load conditions. But with only a five foot lift, inch and one should still work. you may not get all your oil back until the system comes out of defrost cycles.

Also with seven eigths you wont need a trap.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Sorry the refrigerant is 404A

I doubt if this freezer very seldom will see low load conditions it is at a slaughter house and they put fresh meat in it almost every day to feeze.

Reducing the riser is a great idea, especially for such a short pipe run. Make sure you have an inverted trap at the top (if you have any significant horizontal run) to prevent any oil collected in the horizontal pipe from draining back down the line during off cycle.

This may be overkill, but you won't have to go back and rework it.