+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been to any good seminars lately?

Post Likes

Many of you attend local and factory seminars and classes. My question is, have any of you been to any that were particularly good and well worth you time?

If so, which one was it and what made it especially worth your time? Tell us about it so we too can attend when it is available.

Or, is there one that we should avoid?

Post Likes

Yeah........

The 2004 H-Tlk convention, this weekend in Pittsburgh, why ain't ya coming Norman???????
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I think he thinks all Pittsburgh people look like this I suppose.

[Edited by lakeerie on 08-02-2004 at 10:34 PM]

Post Likes
    I haven't been to one for almost a year but one that I did go to that was very good, well worth the time and $90....the Climate Master service and sales certification class. There was a BUNCH of great information there that can be used no matter what brand of geo unit you are working on. If you here of one in your area, GO.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes
    the ICP 410a certification class was real good.well worth the money & the time.

Post Likes
    The Manitowoc factory school covering their machines is excellent and good value for the money. I believe it was 2000 when I attended; cost at that time was around $450 which included the hotel.

Work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.
    Post Likes

Went to Entech centrifugal training last fall, more in depth than J.C.I. training in Mil. a few years back.A co-worker went to Entech about the same time as I did, just on different machines.He was well pleased also.

Post Likes
    Dangerous goods certification govt of course PIA unfortuantly its mandaitory
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    The last good one I went to was Bacharach Combustion analysis presented bu our own Rudy Leatherman. A great class with a wealth of knowledge even if you don't routinely perform this task.
    R2B4BTU

Post Likes
    Originally posted by The Penguin
    Dangerous goods certification govt of course PIA unfortuantly its mandaitory
    And over price.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Post Likes
    A week at the tekmar factory. Classes started at 7:30 am and went to 5:30 pm. And then they wined and dined us.

I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Post Likes
    Going to the Lost Art of Steam Heating on 18 August.

I know that it's a winner. No chance of it not being a good one.

I always liked a sure thing.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave

What's the matter, tired of inhaling all that freon????

Post Likes
    When I was still in Canada, I took every Rheem seminar put on by Ecco. First rate.

I took a tour of the Greenheck factories in 2002, excellent seminar, first class company.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    Eng Air has some good classes.

Hey Carnak, I had boilers running last week.(+4c)Don't you wish you were still here?

Post Likes
    Heading North for a week next month Rich.

Worked for EngA in Calgary for a few years in early 90s

The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Post Likes
    Originally posted by rich pickering
    Originally posted by condenseddave

What's the matter, tired of inhaling all that freon????
    Nope, but since Sporlan went and bent over to Parker Hannafin, I've decided to just suck soot for a living.

Post Likes
    I'm actually stuck, er, charged with about 12 steam boilers, and lets face it, it's only a matter of time before I blow something up if I don't learn how these pigs are supposed to work.

I've wanted to go to this seminar for a loooooooooooong time, and completely missed the last one, which was a half hour from me, so I get to drive an hour and a half. No biggy, though, this one's a "discount" class- 40 bucks! He usually gets 129 per head. I've got three guys going with me, too, basically, for only a little more than the price of one!

Post Likes
    Somehow, I see this picture of condenseddave up on roof dancing around a chimney with a soot vac with Julie Andrews flying around on an umbrella...

[Edited by Andy Schoen on 08-09-2004 at 04:15 PM]

Post Likes

Question Andy?

Is this rumor true about PH buying Sporlan? Is the product going to turn to junk like Alco and PH?
    To much work with too little time!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in