+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Virginia apprenticeship program ???

Post Likes

Virginia apprenticeship program ???

I recently completed the Virginia apprenticeship program for hvac and just got the certificate and a card in the mail. The card has my name and the Virginia state seal and states that the requirements of journeymanship in the trade of hvac machanic have been fulfilled. I havent had time to look into it but is this a working card or novelty and will I still need to sit for the journeymans test or is that waved with completion ? Any info from someone whose been here and done that would be great.

Post Likes
    There used to be some kind of deal where you would not have to take the test. I think it may have involved the employer or something like that. You still have to pay, it is all about the cabbage................Anyhow, taking the test is like a sign of righteousness?

Post Likes
    I think you still have to take the test.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Post Likes

10 yrs. ago

You may be right,as my info is old. There was a deal at one time where 4 yr apprent grads did not. I just do not remember the details. I thought then, and still do it was just a way for people who could not pass the test, to get a card. Hell, be a man, suck it up and take the test.

Post Likes
    dont mind takin the test just want to know where I stand with this and what good it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in