no pressure from ducts

Was working fine yesterday. Newly installed high efficiency unit installed last summer. Already checked the air filter and it's clean. There seems to be a build up of frost on one of the copper tubes that enter the unit that's located in the basement. Yesterday it was pretty much run non stop cause of my sister. What's wrong with it?

sounds like the indoor coil is frozen, time to get the installer back out there
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

-- William Ernest Henley

Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    sounds like the indoor coil is frozen, time to get the installer back out there
    How about just letting it unfreeze.

What I'm wondering is why the indoor coil would freeze up like that. It's a big ass unit and yesterday wasn't extreme heat or anything. I believe temps were like 83-85 degrees fahrenheit, although humid as hell.

What's a good idea letting it thaw out but a iced up A/c indoor coil is only a
    symptom of your problem.

You need to get someone to go over the unit to make sure it is working right.

An A/C can run all day long and not make the tempature the it is set to but it shouldn't freeze up doing it.
    Waddya mean don't thaw out the frig with a knive?

Quote Originally Posted by knewguy View Post
    What's a good idea letting it thaw out but a iced up A/c indoor coil is only a
    symptom of your problem.

You need to get someone to go over the unit to make sure it is working right.

An A/C can run all day long and not make the tempature the it is set to but it shouldn't freeze up doing it.
    Interesting. I just looked and the unit is manufactured by Nor-dyne. outdoor model DS4BE-030K http://www.nordyne.com/literature/472c.pdf

Is this a solid manufacturer? Maybe some recall I've never heard about?

I'm pretty sure I just realized what's wrong. The installer's son banged up the fins when I told him I wanted to keep all the copper tubing/aluminum from the unit that was removed. My younger brother just told me he remembers seeing the aluminum sh1t(as he put it) bent, but thought it was supposed to be like that(****in idiot). Pretty messed up huh. I'm gonna try to get in there and see if I can straighten them out. How much does a new unit coil unit cost if anyone knows. Also another reason I can think of why they would do this is that my dad is a real lowballer, probably tried lowballing the guy too much and he got pissed.

Yup situation confirmed after opening up one of the panels. On the top right and a little bit in the middle looks like buddy must of gave it a good wack with some foreign object. Gonna try and straighten them out with a plastic knife.

You know what's funny is I always hear about the older generation harping on us younger guys. The installer was atleast a 60yr old man and he had to have seen the damage. I personally would never do something like this against a customer, regardless of the situation. It's some of these older guys that need a good old knuckle sandwich, bring them back to reality and maybe knock the attitude out of them. Like really if you were that disgruntled about something, should've just brought it up.. Or maybe he did it for the simple reason believing we would call him back for a service call once our unit failed/messed up.. just like stunts auto techs pull. I'm about to give buddy a call and let him know what I'm thinking.