Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seems the building owner wanted to play electrician. I get there and he tells me I know whats wrong, but I want you to verify it. He won't tell me what he knows. I love that game. The dumbass was playing in the three phase pannel and didn't hook up the power right. Scroll compressor running backward. One is stuck and the other is grounded.

Talking

If he really knew, you wouldn't be there.....the goof.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Talking You verified it

Originally posted by lynn rodenmayer
    Seems the building owner wanted to play electrician. I get there and he tells me I know whats wrong, but I want you to verify it. He won't tell me what he knows. I love that game. The dumbass was playing in the three phase pannel and didn't hook up the power right. Scroll compressor running backward. One is stuck and the other is grounded.
    He's an a hole you should have told him hey great job!!

Hey scrolls can run backwards not for long but long enough.

He saved money by doing the wiring himself didn't he.

Should have told him when they scream like that, it means they are in pain.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

I love people like that.

They help keep us busy.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Originally posted by a\c don
    I love people like that.

They help keep us busy.
    People like that don't want to pay for quality service, they ask you to tell them whats wrong, don't want to pay you a reasonable fee for your diagnostic time, ask you to quote the repairs, and then show your quote to a brother-in-laws friend who does work on the side, and get him to do it for half your price.
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Originally posted by klrogers
    Originally posted by a\c don
    I love people like that.

They help keep us busy.
    People like that don't want to pay for quality service, they ask you to tell them whats wrong, don't want to pay you a reasonable fee for your diagnostic time, ask you to quote the repairs, and then show your quote to a brother-in-laws friend who does work on the side, and get him to do it for half your price.
    You must of been in the back room. All this information is correct.

I get there and he tells me I know whats wrong, but I want you to verify it.

Scroll compressor running backward. One is stuck and the other is grounded.

Was he right?

Tell the owner that with his electrical skills he could augment his income by doing it for a living, and give him a hand full of your business cards to hand out

I was in a bar working on a cooler under the counter. I told the bartender that the receptacle was bad. A drunken patron walked around behind the bar, announced he was an electrician. He picked up my meter and bent over under the bar to do some testing. As he began to get electrocuted right in front of me, I kicked him loose from the power with the sole of my boot.

He hit the floor, unconscious and breathing, but alive. The bartender called an ambulance, but he came to before it arrived.

I recall wondering how anyone would know if he suffered any brain damage.

Originally posted by midhvac
    I kicked him loose from the power with the sole of my boot.

He hit the floor, unconscious and breathing, but alive. The bartender called an ambulance, but he came to before it arrived.

come on....
    Tell the truth, you know it was best to kick him with the boot. Even if he wasn't getting zapped. HEHE

Originally posted by JasonHoustonTX
    Originally posted by midhvac
    I kicked him loose from the power with the sole of my boot.

come on....
    Tell the truth, you know it was best to kick him with the boot. Even if he wasn't getting zapped. HEHE
    My response was based purely on my concern for this poor individual

I really wanted to gut punch him, but I'ze afraid he'd vomit on me!

Originally posted by hvac solutions
    I get there and he tells me I know whats wrong, but I want you to verify it.

Scroll compressor running backward. One is stuck and the other is grounded.

Was he right?
    He never really said what he thought was wrong.

He also rented the building right next to his. It used to be a hardware store with a Lennox dealership. I used to work for the sister shop in Ottawa. The owner was killed in an auto accident. His wife still owns the build.

This bozo removed some lighting fixtures and some other stuff. He also took a condensing unit and air handler.

I was supposed to service the old hardware store and finding the breaker was a real *****. Searched and searched. Finally I got a ladder out and looked above the ceiling to see where the conduit ran. I could see the power going to the roof and the wires were just hanging out of the j-box. He took the breaker and most of the wiring to the condensing unit.

SHE WAS PISSED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast