I have an 8400 sf commercial building in northern Vermont (3 mo. a/c; 7 mo. heat) with 2 10 ton RTUs. One is a 2+ yr old York Predator; the other a 15 yr + unit that died.
    Pricing between 2 reputable contractors (one installed the York and has been providing service) is within $200 for a standard efficiency York with modulating economizer, and a Bryant with economizer.
    Is this an either-or choice?...or is there a real difference between equipment? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Fred

If you are happy with the Predator and the dealer that installed and is maintaining it, I'd say stay that route.

I agree, Id go with york. I have seen more engineering
    and quality issues with bryant in the past few years

The York is a better quality unit. Besides, it seems from your post that the contractor that installed the York has been servicing your systems since then. Would you go elsewhere to save $200.00?

The predator is a high effiency RTU. The standard eff. york is probably the "DG" series. There's no difference on quality between the York & the Bryant

Thanks to all for your response. It's become a tough decision because I'd be happy with any of the 3 contractors bidding.
    The contractor that installed the York (as per engineer's specs) is the only one bidding the Bryant. All else being equal I'd use him who's done the service satisfactorily. I am leaning to the York.
    The choice between the Predators is between a DH and a DM120N20N4AAA.
    I'll get it sorted out, but if I'd had two yahoos bidding, I probably could have decided two days ago

Fred

Looks like the DH is quite a bit more efficienct. Guess you'll have to decide if the extra up front is jusitified by potential electric savings.

flowen

And there should be enough in the job to have the contractor reduce his price $200.00. Especilly since there are three bids and if one won't, you know he is too tight on the job and any cost estimating mistakes will cause project shortcuts. Just something to think about when you pick the York equipment.