heating efficiency at low temperatures

Can a Mitsubitshi 15,000 BTU 16 seer put out heat down to almost 0 degrees farenheit? This is what a salesman told my wife and me last night.

The salesman for the 12RLS Fujitsu 12,000 BTU 25 seer said that the Fujitsu would put out heat down to about 17 degrees farenheit.

If a Mitsubitshi can do what the salesman said (put out heat down to almost 0 degrees farenheit) than its a no brainer, but I think that sounds too good to be true.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

The Highlander

Please post a model number for us.
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

The Mr. Slim products called 'Hyper Heat' models will produce rated Btu's down to 5F and they decrease from there. Most HPs are rated at 47 and 17 but the Mr. Slim Hyper Heats will give full output much lower. It's true. But not all models are Hyper Heat models. I don't have my book in front of me but I believe the FE9 and FE12 models are and I'm pretty sure there's a couple of others too.

http://www.mehvac.com/

Check it out for yourself.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Quote Originally Posted by dracorp2 View Post
    Please post a model number for us.

MUZ-GE15NA &
    MUZ-GE12NA

Quote Originally Posted by Thehighlander View Post
    MUZ-GE15NA &
    MUZ-GE12NA
    Skippedover was right. Only the models with Hyper Heating Inverter(H2i) will give between 90% and 100% capacity at 5*. You would have to get the MUZ-FE09 or MUZ-FE12. From there you have to step up to a 2.5 ton for the same heating capacities at low outdoor temps.
    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford