+ Reply to Thread

Thread: buying new truck

Post Likes
    Going into business for myself shortly. Went to a local ford dealership for a price on a new van. 2004, 1 ton extended van with side windows and tow package, xlt package(power windows and locks, chrome bumpers and alloy rims), hvac bin package installed, truck is special order because of color(black), keyless entry, cab/cargo divider
    $27,000 Does this price seam ballpark to you guys. I think I might be paying a little more because this is my first van purchase with commercial sales department at dealership, price might go down with each subsequent purchase?

Post Likes

NO

what a rip.
    GM 2500 with bins , 18,000 bucks. 2004 model. Do some more shopping even if you have buy from a dealer 500 miles away.

Post Likes
    That Ford price seems right to what I've seen.

That Chevy mentioned is just a really great deal, I'd jump all over that.

Around here Chevy's start at $27k with no options, nothing in them.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes
    I bought a chevy about a year ago, was about $25,000, had larger V-8, tow package, shelving, 3/4 ton, cruise and tilt. that sounds decent for a 1 ton, the only thing I do not like about ford is the twin I-beam front end. you can't keep them aligned. I have bought 10 vehicles in last 4 years from the same dealer.

Post Likes
    I was looking to buy a new truck last fall, as the one that I was replaceing was 10 years old. I looked and found the new Supreme bodies both more room and less money.

The Chevy 1 ton with complete body, racks inside and 6 doors on the outside fiberglass was $23,000.00

And with the GMAC financing at 3% for 5 years who could go wrong.

Bernie

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    good price to me

Post Likes

Great price

Originally posted by appltech1
    what a rip.
    GM 2500 with bins , 18,000 bucks. 2004 model. Do some more shopping even if you have buy from a dealer 500 miles away.
    Was this new?

Post Likes

Re: Great price

Originally posted by rob10
    Originally posted by appltech1
    what a rip.
    Was this new?
    10-4 good buddy. V-8 with bins. Radio, a/c. No power locks or cruise control or tilt wheel. But I'm not driving it to the beach. LOL . I have to have 9,000 lb comm tags because 8600 lb suspension. Maybe i'll give them a call , see what the going price is today. I'll get back to ya.

Post Likes
    Special order, keyless entry, etc.

it depends on all the accessories you get.

18grand tells me that it's bare bones

27grand=loaded

Post Likes

Man

buy one with 30,000 miles, are ya crazy? Work for your biz and pocketbook, not the truck note!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Re: Man

Originally posted by spotts
    buy one with 30,000 miles, are ya crazy? Work for your biz and pocketbook, not the truck note!
    I have always found that a one to two year old car/truck is the best deal.
    (Still under warrenty that is)

Post Likes
    Originally posted by bjd
    I was looking to buy a new truck last fall, as the one that I was replaceing was 10 years old. I looked and found the new Supreme bodies both more room and less money.

The Chevy 1 ton with complete body, racks inside and 6 doors on the outside fiberglass was $23,000.00

And with the GMAC financing at 3% for 5 years who could go wrong.

Bernie
    I paid $20,500 (no trade) for that truck in March of '03. Best truck I ever owned. It came out being cheaper than a regular Chevy cargo van, because I didn't like their shelf packages, and what I wanted would have run me another $1500, bringing a 1 ton cargo van to something like $22k if I remember right (A/C, no cruise or power windows)

Post Likes

Depends

More importantly is what you will be doing with the (tool) er truck.

What do you do ?? residential hvac,& lite commercial hvac only,that's a good truck, and ok price.

Hvac/r or w/ hydronics & or installs w/ duct,heavy commercial service ,or plbg that trucks too small, think about what it is you will be doing then buy then right tool.

Not trying to be a smartass but buy what you need.Not what your competion is using.

Another words the right tool for the right job, a couple of thousand one way or another on the initial out lay can make a BIG difference in the long run.

Good Luck whatever you buy just like the post in residential section, get a calc etc. Don't buy a truck just for the cost alone, how about the service the dealer service.

[Edited by pjs on 08-05-2004 at 07:47 PM]

Post Likes
    I will be using the truck for residential service, light commercial, and light refrigeration(bars and restaurants). This is why I want the extended van for the variety of parts I will be carrying. I need the one ton van because I will be towing a dual axle 12x7 enclosed trailer for new construction materials and doing equipment changeouts. Thanks for all your responses gentlemen, maybe I'll look a little farther afield for a better price. The reason I decided to go new instead of used is because this van will be my personal vehicle also.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by levi
    I will be using the truck for residential service, light commercial, and light refrigeration(bars and restaurants). This is why I want the extended van for the variety of parts I will be carrying. I need the one ton van because I will be towing a dual axle 12x7 enclosed trailer for new construction materials and doing equipment changeouts. Thanks for all your responses gentlemen, maybe I'll look a little farther afield for a better price. The reason I decided to go new instead of used is because this van will be my personal vehicle also.
    GOOD CHOICE fair price

GOOD luck

Post Likes
    FYI: I personally used carsdirect.com as a reference when I bought my vehicle about a year ago. They were selling cargo vans at invoice. I found a Chevy dealer willing to beat carsdirect.com by just a little. Yes, yes - invoice isn't the same as cost. But they're entitled to at least a little profit. Besides that, I wasn't even taking a van off the lot. I special ordered a black van too!

Post Likes
    I may be selling my 1 year old 7,000 miles hackney supertruck that I paid 40k for. I will sell for about 30k (I need to get it appraised to see what the actual value is) and may be able to get you financing. It is all aluminum and will last you 30 years with changing cabs every 10 years. Delivery is also available. It is an awesome truck which is all setup and ready to go, also has ramp and optional heavier suspension and a longer 14' box. You can call me at 1-800-248-0410. It is an incredible truck for making money on jobs because it can hold so many parts and tools. I have cancer and am selling my business, which is why I am selling my truck. hackneyplumbing.com/ has info on it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by on-time
    I may be selling my 1 year old 7,000 miles hackney supertruck that I paid 40k for. I will sell for about 30k (I need to get it appraised to see what the actual value is) and may be able to get you financing. It is all aluminum and will last you 30 years with changing cabs every 10 years. Delivery is also available. It is an awesome truck which is all setup and ready to go, also has ramp and optional heavier suspension and a longer 14' box. You can call me at 1-800-248-0410. It is an incredible truck for making money on jobs because it can hold so many parts and tools. I have cancer and am selling my business, which is why I am selling my truck. hackneyplumbing.com/ has info on it.
    I have seen those trucks on their website. The have the best graphics I have ever seen on any vehicle. I looked at a Hackney but bought a Morgan-Olson instead. $34,000, aluminum body, and $2,000 worth of adjustable metal shelving I have an awesome service truck, ugly but awesome!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in