at work they have had me start looking at hvac units (a lot before my time) we have a 10 ton typhoon unit that has low suction on it the unit has enough freon in it the belts are tight and the filters are new and coils are clean the blower unit has a very serious vibration in it. the insides colapsed 2 months ago and i had to rebuild it because of this vibration it is way better than before but it is still causing problems. Any idea what to do to fix the vibration i think it is one of the double blowers have a bent shaft. they have a spider gear in the middle. any idea how to tell whats bent where? nothing is visible. do you think this will help with low suction ? it sites at about 40 right now i have ran this today unloaded and it was fine but still conserned. any help would be appreciated

Sounds like a bad alignment of the 2 fan shafts causing the vibration which will cause the coupling insert to fail shortly if not already

typhoon no suction

how do i align those two blowers in such a way as it will not vibrate

A dial indicator is a bit extreme for an old pos Typhoon unit but the education you`d get would be well worth the effort if your shop would send someone to show you, a straight edge set up will work then spin it by hand and visually check for any wobble in the coupling.

thank you for the heads up it looks as though some one had put in a spider gear and grinded a little off the side of the shaft to make it fit now i need to replace both blowers so much for cheap AND GOOD work thanks guy