air handler coil pressure drops

hey guys, we have several Trane and York air handlers across our property, all are about 12 years old. we have found the pressure drops for the chill water going through the coils on each of these. the problem is we have no idea of the factory specs on the required gpm going into the coils, or what the proper water pressure drop should be from the incoming to outgoing. we have contacted Trane and York on this matter with model number and serial numbers for these units...and they can tell us nothing about any of them concerning the above. is there any other way to determine what the incoming and outgoing pressure should be?...we are running against a brick wall here and any help would be appreciated

If you can get your hands on a set of the original design prints for the job, that info should be on the equipment submittal page. Are you giving the OEM's the numbers off of the coils or the AHU's? My have better luck if if you can get numbers from the coils.

you could start at say ten psig differential making sure strainers are clean. get your circuit setters close and see how the coils perform. do one at a time and you might get an idea, but the original submittals or drawings should get you there.

Like chillerguy says , if you cant locate i find the info often in the mechanical drawings.

Somebody correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking if you can't find the info then use 2.4 gpm per ton to get you close. That still won't tell you your pressure drop but you could setup the flow setter to obtain the required gpm.

Yup chiller guy. He would have to know rated BTU/tons. He could also go based on water velocity through piping. Or he could look at what normal delta P is on chill water piping and shoot for around 70% of that valve. He could look at delta T on water and air side, etc.

There are a lot of ways it could be approached. BUt he has coil numbers and there must be blueprints somewhere. Much better to match design specs if possible.