Thread: HP-81

I have only a little HP-81 left, and the Manitowacs that use it are getting replaced. I really don't want to buy another jug... anyone tried using HP-80 as a replacement? I know it's not supposed to be as "hot in defrost" as 81, but any thoughts?
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

HP-81 was only used in the B-Series machines which were produced only for 2-3 years in the mid-90s. They're all out of warranty now so go for it.

Actually, I played around with a B-600 I had at the shop a while back just to see what the difference was with respect to discharge temps and harvest times, etc. (I know, I should get out more often )

The HP-80 gave discharge temperatures about 15-20 Deg F lower than the HP-81, but I could see no marked difference in harvest times, ice formation and such. Manitowoc wants to see at least 170 Deg F discharge temps just before harvest and I had no problems getting that.

I even toyed around adjusting the "non-adjustable" Alco TXV to gain some SH because the HP-80 ran a bit lower.

I've bought my last 13 pounder........can tell you that.

Thanks Ice...

I'll give the next one a try with HP-80. Or if its a good customer, get my last jug of 502 out of the lock box!
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.