Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hmm My bad...

Thought I had read all of the posts carefully, but missed the Mod # on the first one. Got me, Lusker!

But since it isn't water cooled or remote, that cuts out a lot of problems.

Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

So where is Joe...

With mo' info?
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

hey

I have had a similar call like what you are having. the customer had stacked Manatowocs' and were water cooled. The plumber plumbed all the drains together, including the condenser drain. One day I recieved a call of low production. To make the long story short, the drian became blocked and the warm condinsate water was backing up into the bin as the head purged its sump, and between harvests the bin then would drain out.

Just a thought that you could have a problem ouitside of the ice machine.

THERE AIR COOLED MACHINES

I had same problem once and what would happened was that at night when everything shut off in the restaurant. The machine cold water supply was hooked up about 20 feet away from hot water mix valve which was leaking by and slowly the heat would migrate into the cold water side causing it to warm up the supply water to ice machine. It took alot of scratching my head tofind it hope it also your problem.

the water in the sump is 73*

right after harvest, or all the time? the 73 degrees,This is what you were saying correct?

city water sits in a sump and constantly feeds the
    evaporator. ther is no harvest cycle to speak of, the
    ice making process is continuous.

If everything is the way it should be, and water is good. The power is not being shut down in error. I would say you are a victim of evaporator separation. This would not be completely uncommon for a hoshi.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Once I had a case where a new employee was turning off the wrong breakers at closing time

Most icemakers here are having an *easy* summer. Water temps here are normally 85, but are 75 this year due to unseasonal weather.

Do these systems use floats? If so, turn them off and see if the floats continue to let water in. If so, and the water level doesn't get any higher in the reservoir, check for water leaks. This could kill the capacity if they're losing cold water out of the evaporators and the floats are replacing the water with 73 degree water.

You can also check this by turing the machine off, then turning the water off to it. If the reservoir level drops, you've got a leak.

[Edited by midhvac on 08-07-2004 at 10:07 PM]

Sorry Joe, got ahead of myself, You are right. What part of AK or no where close?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12