tonymjr is offline Regular Member-Bad Email address
    Worked on a Trane SFHCC55 rtu and noticed a 40lb psi drop thru coil. 280 @ dis. svc valve, 240 @ drier inlet, 235 at drier outlet. SH and SC ok unit operates ok. System has 2 circuits with 2 14ton scrolls. Any ideas on the psi drop?

Cycle rate of an A.C. unit

Some people set the HVAC equipment schedules to enter occupied mode 3 hours before bussiness hours.
    It waste energy.
    If a unit is properly sized and working properly,
    shouldn.t a comfort level be reached within 15 to 20 minutes
    The un occupied temp very rarely excedes 84 Degrees

Tony i've noticed this with trane before on commercial packaged equipment 20 tons and above . And with my coils cleaned found this same 40 psid @ condenser. It's a good reason not to check subcooling @ the discharge port. Good finding.

I have seen similar things on Carrier's. Could not believe the 40# drop across the condenser. What is a normal drop.
    Ray

saturated condensing temperture which is needed for subcooling is checked on the liquid line after condenser not on discharge line (hot gas line)

It is normal to have a 40# pres drop across a large commercial air cooled condenser.

Thanx TXTRANEMAN.
    I never realy looked at that.
    Ray

It is normal to have a 40# pres drop across a large commercial air cooled condenser

Why? We know how critical liquid and suction pipe sizings apply. Someone could be easily fooled if your not experienced. 40 psid across condenser coil just seems high. But ultimatly, when your compressor superheat and subcooling are in range of manufactors specs your protected. Is this Tranes standard and if so on what sizes does it start to apply? 5 tons and over?

Compare your readings with performance data. It should be in a plastic envelope attached to the unit.
    Just as a reminder, performance data sheet is not a charging guide, you can only compare your reading with those graph and see if your unit performs in a recomended range. If it is not in the accepted range, then you have to follow the recomended charging procidure for that spesific model. Although you can contact trane support engineers and they would give you step by step procedure to check that unit.
    TRANE: 800-880-8726
    I'm learning