Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    ARC
    Issac Newton may have been a great man, but he was probably the most famous child molester in history.

Even Catholic I know beleives Jesus is God. Yet you say they are not even christians.

Martin Luther stood up to the catholic church. His biggest premise was reading the bible for yourself, which the church made almost impossible insisting it be written in a dead language. Why is he a heratic? Because he does not beleive everything exactly the way you do?

I think that you beleive that you are devinely inspired by God. That makes you a Gnostic. Only you and people who beleive like you are christians. Your vanity alone makes wrong. Pray for humility and the ability to forgo judging people. God is my judge and he is doing a fine job. I am sure he will let you know when that job comes open and let you apply for it.

The Anabaptist are wrong on their own history. I beleive they would not say their church began in the 16th century if it is not true. But then you may have better sources than the entire Anabaptist church.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Even Catholic I know beleives Jesus is God. Yet you say they are not even christians. [posted by Kim]

================================================== ==========

Kim, even Satan believes Jesus is God. He just doesn't confess Him as Lord. So believing Jesus is God is not a guarantee of salvation, although salvation is not possible without that belief.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

So what does it take?

When Jesus said he that beleive is saved, what did he mean you have to beleive?

Originally posted by kim
    So what does it take?

When Jesus said he that beleive is saved, what did he mean you have to beleive?
    There's a differnce between believing "in" and believing "on" (putting total trust in).

There was once a man who had a cable stretched across Niagra Falls. He drew a large crowd with the promise to walk across the falls on the cable.
    He did so twice...once empty-handed and the second time pushing a wheelbarrow. Never made a mistake.
    He then turned to the crowd and asked how many people believe he could push the wheelbarrow across again. Everybody raised their hands. He went to one particular gentleman and asked him how sure he was that the acrobat could really do it again. The spectator said, "I've seen you do it before so I'm 100% sure."
    The acrobat said, "Good. Get in the wheelbarrow."

You can believe in someone or something without having faith in them to perform something. Christ expects us to "get in the wheelbarrow", so to speak. He asks us to put our full trust in Him. He asks us to trust our very lives to Him. That is what He means by "believe in Me."

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Even Catholic I know beleives Jesus is God. Yet you say they are not even christians.

yes i know. i think most if not all have some family or relative that is a catholic or was a catholic.
    i don't hate catholics, i'll say this before i'm accused of it. but i detest the roman catholicism false doctrines.
    how do i know that since i'm a gnostic? i can't be of God.
    are the roman catholic priests child molesters, of God? how can it be. how wicked can a church get? yet you will say it was the individuals not the church. is the doctrine of a unmarried priest(celibacy of a priest) scriptural? maybe they should have married seeing that they can't contained themselves.

Martin Luther stood up to the catholic church. His biggest premise was reading the bible for yourself, which the church made almost impossible insisting it be written in a dead language. Why is he a heratic? Because he does not beleive everything exactly the way you do?

how did you know that?
    that's right, he believed in works salvation vs grace alone like roman catholicism does. he did not really leave all that much behind, did he.

what's this dead language, strange. very strange. sometimes you bring up strange things!

I think that you beleive that you are devinely inspired by God. That makes you a Gnostic. Only you and people who beleive like you are christians. Your vanity alone makes wrong. Pray for humility and the ability to forgo judging people. God is my judge and he is doing a fine job. I am sure he will let you know when that job comes open and let you apply for it.

Sorry Mam!
    what did the Lord mean when he said, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." John7:24
    did i do something unscriptural.
    please no more babbling unless you have God to back you up, God's word that is.

The Anabaptist are wrong on their own history. I beleive they would not say their church began in the 16th century if it is not true. But then you may have better sources than the entire Anabaptist church.

as if this is it, and nothing else mattered.
    what about God's words, does it ever matter to you. seeing that it is but a philosophical book, a proposed theory, a possibility, a not proven book(a way of live).

i will stick with the pure words of the Most High, Absolute, Authoritative, All profitable for doctrine; for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect(complete), throughly furnished unto all good works.
    we know that scriptures can't be broken or changed; the word of God seems to be very important to the believers.
    who is the man of God? who is a man of God? how can ye know?

Kim, even Satan believes Jesus is God. He just doesn't confess Him as Lord. So believing Jesus is God is not a guarantee of salvation, although salvation is not possible without that belief.

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. James2:19

Satan and his demons are condemn to the lake of fire.
    yes the Lord will also condemn man to the lake of fire, actually they are already condemn because they don't believe the Father; the account of his merciful grace bestowed on mankind.

if you don't repent, thou shalt likewise perish.
    where is faith? where is repentance? repentance is the turning 180 degrees away from what you believe, away from your religion, away from your false professions, away from anything against the knowledge of God.

repentance always accompanies faith and vice versa. Actual Faith or belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is a matter of your heart, where repentance is acted upon. where no repentance is, there's no salvation.

I will be the first to admit that there have been people who claimed to be christians, but did some very evil things. Some people claimed that God told them to do those evil things. The catholic faith is not alone there. Just because 1 or 200,000 priest molested children does not make every catholic evil.

I never said Martin Luther was perfect. He did alot of good though. Just getting a bible that was not written in Latin, was alot more than almost everybody writting to this post will ever do.

I do not care if you think your brand of christianity was the first one available. I do care that you call me a heratic for baptising my children. I do the best I can.

I am just looking for the basic primises of christianity. I read what other people think about christianity, that makes me educated. After reading their thoughts, I will judge their ideas by the words of Jesus. I am reading your thoughts too. I do tend to trust people that have studied the bible in an academic setting more.

I say the bible says: Judge not least yee be judged. Somebody else comes back with a verse that says to judge people. Then they also say the bible has no room for interpretation. (I think they mean the only good interpretation is their interpretation.)

Judge not least yee be judged. [Posted by Kim. Spoken by God]

================================================== ==========

To judge means to pass sentence. I don't see where anybody sentenced you.

We are called to know right from wrong by reading the Word and when a fellow Christian does wrong, we are to approach him one-on-one and show him the error of his ways. One-on-one is kinda hard to do on this forum but it's as close to it as we can get under the circumstances. When we see someone who is not a Christian passing along incorrect information, we owe to all to make the truth known. To allow a lie or an untruth to perpetuate is sinful.

Like it or lump it...all the same to me.

Proud member of KA Club

In our first "discussions" you were leaning towards passing sentence on me, but we are better now. I am not worried about any sentence a person can pass on me. I am trying to help others find their way as well as finding my way. I could have abandoned this thread long ago. There may be 1/2 a dozen people posting here, but a few hundred might read this and not post.
    Some people are too judgemental. I feel some people are ignoring the plank in their eye while critisizing others for the spec in their eye. I do not feel a christain has the right to be judgemental. We should help others along, before we critisize them. Critisism is counter producive and antagonistic. It will not gather more to the flock. If anything it will send people away. If somebody is not following the basic premise of the words of Jesus, they should be helped in any way possible to return to the fold. Some people are so sure of themselves, they pick on little issue, blow them out of proportion, and claim any way not exactly like their way is wrong. They can critisize the pope and still act like as infallable as the pope claims to be.

Job was a rightous man in good standing with God. When Job asked God some of the basic questions, he got the short answer. God said (paraphrased) Were you there? How can you expect to understand all the things in the majesty of God? Far be it from me to think I am better than anybody. I am just a humble servant of God doing my best to be a "self-starter" (HR code for doing a perfect job with less than minimal instructions.)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456