Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Originally posted by kim
    We are all God's children. Some have just decided not to live at God's house. Some just visit on the holidays.

God is the father of all.
    ================================================== ==========

According to Scripture, God is the Creator of all. He becomes our Heavenly Father only upon salvation.

It is possible that you do not believe Scripture, which means we have no reliable basis upon which we can carry on a conversation about God. The Bible is His Word, His Truth in print, the basis around which ALL I and all Christians believe and speak of God.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

And you have a direct line to God? It was suposed to be that only the pope was infallable. Now the fundamentalist are infallable instead.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

is the pope God?

isn't there enough bibles for everyone, not just the believers?

does anyone read the bible before making any judgment?

the Lord said to judge righteous. am i therefore a fanatic and a heretic because i trust in God and believe in a Providential God, that He is able to guide mankind; his created beings, which are fallable?

like i said, a constant refusal to believe God and His Son when the holy spirit is convicting you is blashemy against him, The Unpardonable Sin. But God is longsuffering that he will try and try and try again. But like God said, His spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh...

I really don't know everything, but the basics of Christianity, the bible, God's word. i know this offends many, but how else can it be said?
    is it that many are ignorant of the things of God and his Church? let God be the judge, not me, we are without any excuse to say we know more than God and His Word!!!

But thanks be to God for his wonderful word that he gave to this world, without it, how is man to be saved?
    with it, the Spirit of God will and does, reprove the world of sin, and of righteouness, and of judgment...

My little children are taught the bible, faith, hymns, stories of God, etc..., how can they be pagans? they will be ready to understand God and his infinite mercy, should they be ready and willing to be saved in their understandable age. unless of course, you don't, then there goes the little devils!

I believe this saying to be true, eventhough it's not in the scripture, "criminals are home grown". But this principle is found in the bible, "heathens and unbelievers are home grown"!

Don't you see what you are doing?

You say it is so simple, but I have to beleive everything you beleive.
    Because I do not see a problem with baptising babies, I am a blasphemer.
    Because I beleive we are all God's children, I don't read my scripture well enough.

If it is so simple, explain it to me simply. What do I have to do to please God? Tell me all the important rules. If it is so simple, you should have time to time me all the rules.

My bible say "beleive and is baptised". I was under the impression that I have to beleive that Jesus is God. What else do I have to beleive?
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

I suggest you go to a biblical church, that upholds the Word of God, not the traditions of men.

the phrase "infant baptism is blashemy" in itself is not blashemy. but believing that you must add to or require that it be performed for mankind in order to be saved in place of Christ alone is blashemy as also the sacraments.

Jesus Christ alone is able to keep them which are his.
    his atonement is sufficient, God was well please with his sacrifice, need we add more to it, how warp our minds are!

Listen. God's Lamb was slain for the World, His unblemish Lamb was pure. His blood does atone for all mankind,in all ages, it is Finished!

I heard the lambs blood was spilled.so what of it?

arc8,I'm saying I don't need to debate as to the language of the bible.the book is just "for entertainment purposes only".

should I frame the question of life's journey as if a jedi knight?is being a jedi,not the same as being a christian,in acts?(except the jesus thing).

If you were a person that could from memory ,tell me the entire script to the "star wars" movies,why should that be your basis in pondering life after death?
    and I see this attempt to perpetuate a myth,simply by repetition,to be your "proof"of the validity of the bible.

what is your reason for believing the whole story?Why do you not think that there were actual events in history that have been manipulated into this myth,as it is being told today?

can you be sure that the "message" you are getting from jesus,hasn't been contrived.

can you be totally sure that jesus wasn't a creation of the devil.how many times do you read the warning of the great deciever?david blane does some wild magic.maybe jesus was a sorcerer and the lambs coat he wore was really just a disguise.

for evil men adopted his waning story;constantine.the romans revived jesus ,the god.
    jesus the man,was the predominant belief of those that followed arius(the arians).who were a large sect.and many others.

but the devil needed a "savior"to perpetuate the bondage of the human race on earth.

then the "light"; or lucifer as he was also called was cast down...(to earth?)
    lucifer was cast out of the heavens to rule in hell,and the bible even says"heaven above"
    satanists profess to worship the devil'
    luciferians are worshiping the devil,though they think they are worshiping god.

are you sure your blind faith in what is popular,isn't the will of the devil.

that likes this division and war and strife.perpetuating this savage world where life feeds upon life.and the good are persecuted and the meanest and strongest are rewarded with the "blessing of god"saddam was one of these,and the banking/military establishment is another.

and now these fundementalist movements are dragging the world towards wwIII and the major faiths are beating the drums.

when the scriptures tell of persecution of the "true church",could you see that the true church is the one not yet named.the one that has the love of god in their hearts.the pure ones ,the underdogs.those striving for greater understanding and purer action.those willing to suffer for their conviction,whatever they see it as.like jesus did.and including all gods creatures and creations.
    to judge the worth of the tree,by its fruits.
    and any faith(even developed with the best of intentions,becomes the "status quo",that once born,must survive and perpetuate the institution of itself.and rots when it polarizes its congregation into "judging"some(homosexuals,immigrants,other faiths,etc.),while excusing others(corrupt politicians,sexual deviants,war profiteering corporations,etc.)

like why god could never totally be here,because everything here is temporary,and god cannot be limited like that.
    and everything that is created ,must die and consume to survive.
    so the true churh is in the people,the hive mind of humanity.for the entities born into this world(reigned over by lucifer)must play with"house rules".which is why all big churches have their faults.and men are in conflict.

can you be sure about deception?is that an illusion?how do you know?can't we decieve ourselves better than anyone else?

what other worlds have you been to?

[Edited by remember on 08-13-2004 at 08:17 PM]

Originally posted by arc8
    I suggest you go to a biblical church, that upholds the Word of God, not the traditions of men.

Can you define "biblical church"?

I heard the lambs blood was spilled.so what of it?

it's now in heaven before the throne of God, our Lord making intercession for us forever. thanks be to God for his sacrificial gift, His Son's life. yes, he did it for you too.

arc8,I'm saying I don't need to debate as to the language of the bible.the book is just "for entertainment purposes only".

you wish

should I frame the question of life's journey as if a jedi knight?is being a jedi,not the same as being a christian,in acts?(except the jesus thing).
    If you were a person that could from memory ,tell me the entire script to the "star wars" movies,why should that be your basis in pondering life after death?
    and I see this attempt to perpetuate a myth,simply by repetition,to be your "proof"of the validity of the bible.

how foolish, i see that you can't see.

what is your reason for believing the whole story?Why do you not think that there were actual events in history that have been manipulated into this myth,as it is being told today?
    can you be sure that the "message" you are getting from jesus,hasn't been contrived.

i see that you don't know history enough in making an argument like that. can you read before you think out loud? no more foolishness till you study.

can you be totally sure that jesus wasn't a creation of the devil.how many times do you read the warning of the great deciever?david blane does some wild magic.maybe jesus was a sorcerer and the lambs coat he wore was really just a disguise.

as if the devil himself couldn't convince you.

did you know that it is human to stand with the crowd but godly to stand alone?

for evil men adopted his waning story;constantine.the romans revived jesus ,the god.
    jesus the man,was the predominant belief of those that followed arius(the arians).who were a large sect.and many others.

did you know that the emperor Valentinian III was responsible for the Roman Catholic pope having authority over all churches in the empire?

but the devil needed a "savior"to perpetuate the bondage of the human race on earth.
    then the "light"; or lucifer as he was also called was cast down...(to earth?)
    lucifer was cast out of the heavens to rule in hell,and the bible even says"heaven above"
    satanists profess to worship the devil'
    luciferians are worshiping the devil,though they think they are worshiping god.
    are you sure your blind faith in what is popular,isn't the will of the devil.

BTW, lucifer wasn't cast out of Heaven to rule in hell; he's the god of this world, the prince of the air(heaven) blinding the minds of his subjects, why me? when it could be you!
    did you know that you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you can't fool mom?

that likes this division and war and strife.perpetuating this savage world where life feeds upon life.and the good are persecuted and the meanest and strongest are rewarded with the "blessing of god"saddam was one of these,and the banking/military establishment is another.

and now these fundementalist movements are dragging the world towards wwIII and the major faiths are beating the drums.

when the scriptures tell of persecution of the "true church",could you see that the true church is the one not yet named.the one that has the love of god in their hearts.the pure ones ,the underdogs.those striving for greater understanding and purer action.those willing to suffer for their conviction,whatever they see it as.like jesus did.and including all gods creatures and creations.
    to judge the worth of the tree,by its fruits.
    and any faith(even developed with the best of intentions,becomes the "status quo",that once born,must survive and perpetuate the institution of itself.and rots when it polarizes its congregation into "judging"some(homosexuals,immigrants,other faiths,etc.),while excusing others(corrupt politicians,sexual deviants,war profiteering corporations,etc.)

like why god could never totally be here,because everything here is temporary,and god cannot be limited like that.
    and everything that is created ,must die and consume to survive.
    so the true churh is in the people,the hive mind of humanity.for the entities born into this world(reigned over by lucifer)must play with"house rules".which is why all big churches have their faults.and men are in conflict.

can you be sure about deception?is that an illusion?how do you know?can't we decieve ourselves better than anyone else?

what other worlds have you been to?

it's not a matter of deceiving ourselves on the outward, but the inward, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jer.17:9
    don't blame your up bringing either.
    it's not that we deceive ourselves but that we are deceived already by our sinful nature.
    what does nature ever teach anyone? are there any right and wrong from nature? seeing that you rather live by the law of nature.

i haven't been to hell, I'm waiting to go to Heaven.
    hell is not a good world to go to, so i've been told.

[Edited by arc8 on 08-14-2004 at 09:16 AM]

Originally posted by kim
    And you have a direct line to God? It was suposed to be that only the pope was infallable. Now the fundamentalist are infallable instead.
    ================================================== =========

I kno wit's hard to understand someone's emotions with the written word but your post definitely appears to be woven with anger. If so, why?

Do I have a direct line to God? Yes, I do, as does every other person who has accepted Christ as Savior. I am not unique in that respect. Am I infallible? Are you kidding? Not by the stretch of anybody's imagination. If you read some of my earliest posts, you'll see I that I recognize my frailty...I will fail you. But what I post here I stand on because it is from God's Word.

And believe anyone you want but the "pope" is a sinner like everybody else. Because of his position, he will pay a higher price for misleading his followers.

I put "pope" in quotation marks and used lower case because there has only been one true "Pope" and His name is Jesus. Everyone else who has followed and is following Christ is a "member of a royal priesthood". That means we (followers of Christ)are all priests. I know I probably ticked off a bunch of Catholics but truth is offensive to those who do not believe it.

Everything posted here by me can be backed up by Holy Scripture...not because I posted it but because I won't post it unless Scripture says it.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

like I said,
    you are trying to prove your point thru repetition.

you say ,I need to study history to see that jesus was god.
    that is meaningless.
    the study of history leads one to the conclusion that jesus was a fanatic that was executed for disorderly conduct and stirring up resurrection.
    there are people like that in every generation.

and there is writing by their followers and/or con-men wishing to embellish a story for personal gain.
    at the same time there are people writing of the fraud these fanatics are trying to pull.

the romans used as a marketing tool (to possible jewish converts),the fullfillment of the jewish old testament,in jesus ,to bolster their new testament.by creating stories of jesus to fit that line.(and/or jesus himself may have "faked" some of these situations,to sell his credibility.

and valentinian III was a momma's-boy of an emporer.the roman empire was crumbling.425-455 a.d.

constantine converted the roman state to the christianity of his "catholic" church.first ,at the council of arles in 314 a.d.and then it was sealed at the council of nicea in 325a.d..this is where arius was punched in the nose and tossed out and the arians were banished.
    at the council of nicea in 325a.d.,the nicean creed was adopted,which formally defined god as a diety of three equal and co-existing parts;the father ,son and holy ghost.

to say valentinian III made the pope the head of the catholic church(before that the emporer of rome was)in his reign,only supports the notion that the roman empire was crumbling,and the way out for them was to morph into a religion.
    if he made that decision@44o a.d.

and the empire lost africa in 439
    and gaul@440 and britian@ 446.
    he was in the process of trying to save something of rome.

after the time of jesus there were hundreds of teachers all preaching that they were the true doctrine of christ and all the others were frauds.
    some of them said that john was the true messaiah and that jesus was just an imposter.simon the magician(1st century contemporary of jesus) was another that began the gnostic traditions.then the roman churh became one of the factions.,which luckily(for them)were busy having missionaries "convert" the barbarians to the north.and when those barbarians finally overran rome,the chuch was spared.for their priests had been taught the romans version of religion.

gnosticism was an important part of the sect of the essenes at the qumran community at the dead sea."the wilderness"
    this caused strife with other groups like the pharisees and the sadduccees.
    there are ties between jesus and the essenes.a translation of the word,"nazarene"and its variants came from the hebrew word,"nozrim",a plaural noun stemming from the term "nazrie ha-Brit"or "keepers of the covenant";a designation of the essene community at qumran.
    it is contested that a place called "nazereth" even existed at the time of jesus.

and if you are looking for a lineage of the churh that has been around since then,it is this essene community.and earlier influences like zoroaster and hermes and pythagoras.
    continuing on in all the heretical traditions(as labeled by the romans)through britian ,gaul,mandeaens, manicheans,johanninites,etc.to secret societies like rosicrucians and the knights templar and to the illuminati(skull and bones fraternity is in the tradition of the illuminati of bavaria)to the freemasons of today.

look at some historical personages feelings on the subject:

marcus aurelius ,emporer died 180 a.d.-didn't even mention the christians or jesus in his memoirs,though he listed many othhers from the time that had influence on the people.
    napolean in his diary was the one who considered jesus "just some fanatic,like that exists in every generation"
    or micheal ,the prince of albany (head of the stuart family,english kings)that claims that the royal bloodline is decended from david(thru jesus'kids and wife mary magdelaine),which is the story of the holy grail.the vessel,mary's womb.when she left with joseph of arimethea to go to gaul,which marrying into other royal blood became the merovingian,carolingian kings of europe.
    including people like charlemagne,charles martel,pepin the short,dagobert,the stuarts,the plantegenets,and all the others in the family.like crusaders and founders of the templars like godefroi de bullion and hugues de payens
    the royalty of europe are mostly related like this.so is george bush,thru the walker family.many times over.

but I digress;

so you really ought to stay away from thinking history will help the case of religion,because it surely doesn't.

[Edited by remember on 08-14-2004 at 04:34 PM]

Originally posted by remember
    like I said,
    you are trying to prove your point thru repetition.

you say ,I need to study history to see that jesus was god.
    that is meaningless.
    the study of history leads one to the conclusion that jesus was a fanatic that was executed for disorderly conduct and stirring up resurrection.
    there are people like that in every generation.

and there is writing by their followers and/or con-men wishing to embellish a story for personal gain.
    at the same time there are people writing of the fraud these fanatics are trying to pull.

the romans used as a marketing tool (to possible jewish converts),the fullfillment of the jewish old testament,in jesus ,to bolster their new testament.by creating stories of jesus to fit that line.(and/or jesus himself may have "faked" some of these situations,to sell his credibility.

and valentinian III was a momma's-boy of an emporer.the roman empire was crumbling.425-455 a.d.

constantine converted the roman state to the christianity of his "catholic" church.first ,at the council of arles in 314 a.d.and then it was sealed at the council of nicea in 325a.d..this is where arius was punched in the nose and tossed out and the arians were banished.
    at the council of nicea in 325a.d.,the nicean creed was adopted,which formally defined god as a diety of three equal and co-existing parts;the father ,son and holy ghost.

to say valentinian III made the pope the head of the catholic church(before that the emporer of rome was)in his reign,only supports the notion that the roman empire was crumbling,and the way out for them was to morph into a religion.
    if he made that decision@44o a.d.

and the empire lost africa in 439
    and gaul@440 and britian@ 446.
    he was in the process of trying to save something of rome.

after the time of jesus there were hundreds of teachers all preaching that they were the true doctrine of christ and all the others were frauds.
    some of them said that john was the true messaiah and that jesus was just an imposter.simon the magician(1st century contemporary of jesus) was another that began the gnostic traditions.then the roman churh became one of the factions.,which luckily(for them)were busy having missionaries "convert" the barbarians to the north.and when those barbarians finally overran rome,the chuch was spared.for their priests had been taught the romans version of religion.

gnosticism was an important part of the sect of the essenes at the qumran community at the dead sea."the wilderness"
    this caused strife with other groups like the pharisees and the sadduccees.
    there are ties between jesus and the essenes.a translation of the word,"nazarene"and its variants came from the hebrew word,"nozrim",a plaural noun stemming from the term "nazrie ha-Brit"or "keepers of the covenant";a designation of the essene community at qumran.
    it is contested that a place called "nazereth" even existed at the time of jesus.

and if you are looking for a lineage of the churh that has been around since then,it is this essene community.and earlier influences like zoroaster and hermes and pythagoras.
    continuing on in all the heretical traditions(as labeled by the romans)through britian ,gaul,mandeaens, manicheans,johanninites,etc.to secret societies like rosicrucians and the knights templar and to the illuminati(skull and bones fraternity is in the tradition of the illuminati of bavaria)to the freemasons of today.

look at some historical personages feelings on the subject:

marcus aurelius ,emporer died 180 a.d.-didn't even mention the christians or jesus in his memoirs,though he listed many othhers from the time that had influence on the people.
    napolean in his diary was the one who considered jesus "just some fanatic,like that exists in every generation"
    or micheal ,the prince of albany (head of the stuart family,english kings)that claims that the royal bloodline is decended from david(thru jesus'kids and wife mary magdelaine),which is the story of the holy grail.the vessel,mary's womb.when she left with joseph of arimethea to go to gaul,which marrying into other royal blood became the merovingian,carolingian kings of europe.
    including people like charlemagne,charles martel,pepin the short,dagobert,the stuarts,the plantegenets,and all the others in the family.
    the royalty of europe are mostly related like this.so is george bush,thru the walker family.many times over.

but I digress;

so you really ought to stay away from thinking history will help the case of religion,because it surely doesn't.

================================================== =========

Yep, lotsa people did what Jesus did...with one major exception (and numerous smaller ones)...Jesus arose from the dead after 3 days, as prophesied...an event well documented by respected, authoritative historians. No one else has ever done that.

Proud member of KA Club

OK, I just talked to God and He's really ticked off that some people think they have the right to speak for Him.

The other good news is that we only only have to wait about 70 years on average to find out what the truth is about God.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

robo,
    sounds good to me.

bootlen,
    many have died for three days,
    ever read the "tibeten book of the dead"that is a thing that can be done.
    of voodoo priests that "die" for three days.

and you can't say jesus died,that is refuted by many stories.
    and I can't say he didn't,that too is refuted in many stories.

jesus could have been alive when taken down from the cross.normally the romans left people there to die.like being hung,sometimes you don't die right away.

and the sabbath(saturday) no body was around.so who knows which story is true.on sunday,there were conflicting reports.and there isn't any way of knowing if any of those reports that are around today ,actually were from that day.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast