Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wife is getting new space for her office and wondering if you can run 3 evaps off 1 condensing unit for a ductless unit.
    The space is only 360 sqf and will be divided into 3 rooms so a window shaker (landlords suggestion)wont work.

I'm just looking for suggestions to give to the landlord, need to make sure we can get cooling into the space.

I dont know of any other option than the ductless, what do you guys think?

(also posted in resi section)

Residential Hydronic Air to Water Chiller

Doubt you can get 3 evaps on one condenser but you might look at something like http://www.multiaqua.com air to water chiller (2, 3 & 5 ton) with surface mount fan coils. Will not be the cheapest installation but at least zoneable. Suggest you use Taco Loadmatch system design for lower cost and selfbalancing for superior comfort.

LEM

VAV OR VVT

I would use a small vav or vvt system it would work great

Humm three tiny zones.

Mitsubishi has a system with multiple fan foils, common refrigeration piping, and variable speed condensing units. I would say it would cost the same per ton as installing a chilled water system. Land lord would never par for that.

The multi-Aqua suggested by Lem looks feasable, I have been trying to find a guinea pig to test it on here. Multi Aqua is 5 tons a lot more than you need.

Miller has ductless split export line called "Millennia". You get a single condensing unit with up to 3 compressors in it. You then run multiple line sets to multiple fan coils. One pair of refrigerant lines per fan coil unit.

Maybe put in a 1.5 ton system with bypass boxes. Would need a plenum ceiling.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Carnack....starting to see rapid growth of hydronic systems in China and Europe. Trane makes a 2,3 & 5 ton air to water chiller in factory in China and France called Koolman but noone seems to know much about it is the states. Fan coils are LoadMatch Ready (Taco one pipe system design) which lowers installation cost.

lem

Mitsubishi definately makes a three in one condensing unit. The piping is not tied together. You run three separate line sets and the condenser has three compressors. It stages and speeds up/slows down the condenser fans based on ODT and how many compressors are running. I've only installed one and that had one 12,000 BTU air handler and two 9,000 BTU air handlers. We put a white air handler in the computer training room and two wood grain ones in the small conference rooms where these were installed for supplemental cooling (to match the decorum). The only thing I wouldn't do again is install the optional small condensate pumps. These pumps consisted of a small piece that went behind the evaporator and a suction pump that we put in the ceiling. The two connect with what looks like a telephone cord to make the pump come on. The most we got out of these pumps was about 18 months.

The price tag on that equipment would be very costly for a landlord over a 360 square foot lease! Don't get your hopes up.

EMI makes a 2,3 or 4 zone system. Hope this helps.

Does it really need 3 zones? Is a standard 1.5 ton split system out of the question?

or, you could always get 3 small window shakers...

Yeah, Mitsubishi has equipment that will do what you are asking, but 3 zones in a 360 sq. ft. area? Without more details on what you are doing that seems a bit excessive.

Bobby

I thought 1.5 would be too much for that size space.
    Located in Ontario Canada so not the same heat load most of you guys see.
    We use 1.5 for 1200 sqf house with west exposure.

There will be a large space above the ceiling, you guys think dumping into the space will be the easiest way.

Its a massage therapy clinic (not rub n tug) that will have 2 treatment rooms 9x12 and a reception area 10x10 approx.

Has 12-15 foot ceiling now that will be dropped to 9 to easier maintain temp.

Doing leg work since we have a good relationship with the landlord. He wants to have an idea of what he's looking at.

"Its a massage therapy clinic (not rub n tug)"

Being that your wife works there, that's probably a good thing..My wife works at a funeral home and sometimes I wish she worked at a rub n tug so I could get the employee discount
    I work with the Chiller Whisperer...

Originally posted by operator
    I thought 1.5 would be too much for that size space.
    Located in Ontario Canada so not the same heat load most of you guys see.
    We use 1.5 for 1200 sqf house with west exposure.

There will be a large space above the ceiling, you guys think dumping into the space will be the easiest way.

Its a massage therapy clinic (not rub n tug) that will have 2 treatment rooms 9x12 and a reception area 10x10 approx.

Has 12-15 foot ceiling now that will be dropped to 9 to easier maintain temp.

Doing leg work since we have a good relationship with the landlord. He wants to have an idea of what he's looking at.
    Put in a small 1.5 ton system and some EH Price Bypass boxes that will dump air into the ceiling space.

Where in Ontario, I am originally from TBay
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Carnak
    just outside T.O. (45 min) to the east, not far enough tho
    Going thru Tbay soon, going to the Peg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast