Testing of a fwa gas system

OK I am not a hvac person but an appraiser. Its about 80-90 now. Current FHA guidelines require the appraiser to test certain systems. Being as hot as it is inside temperature of townhouse not too bad. All I hear is why are you testing the heat when its 90 degrees out. First its not that bad second if the unit does not produce any heat there is a problem. That being said am I wrong. I mean the units was off I turned it to heat tested the hot water heater hot water at a sink worked just killing time as I turned on the furnace from an off position and set the thermostat up to high so it would turn on. Waited waited nothing felt and looked all around the furnace damm thing is cold. Its one of those closed auto ignition lighting gas system. Just drop me a note.

Also A/c I heard that if its too cold do not turn a/c in winter time any particular temperature.

Thanks for any all help. Agents are just trying in my opinion to side skurt issues

Nothing wrong with running a furnace or boiler to see if it works in summer.

How ever. A heat pump should not have this done to it when its so hot outside.

A/C should be ran for more then a minute or 2 when its below 55 outside.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks

Appreciate the answer.

I can understand a heat pumps strain in the summer time, but not a non electric fueled system. Course everyone wants you to overlook it make things get rubber stamped.

Not sure what is too hot for a heat pump to test operation . Will keep the info about the a/c on hand thanks

Pretty much no manufacturer recommends running them at any temp above 70. And many say not above 65(which makes no sense).
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?